Would you like to volunteer at Ramsay School? There are many meaningful and enjoyable ways that you can serve in schools. Here are just a few examples:
- Help with certain tasks in the classroom, the learning commons, or the office
- Assist with supervision on field trips
- Coach a school club or extra curricular activity
- Serve fun lunches to students
- Read with students who require extra support
- Organize special events for students
Before volunteering at Ramsay School, it is important that you are familiar with the Calgary Board of Education's policies for volunteering. Parents must have a Calgary Police Security Clearance, which is valid for a period of 5 years. This process typically takes 4-5 weeks. We encourage all parents who think they might want to volunteer and work with children during the school year to stop by the school office and complete the security screening form. Two pieces of ID (one government issued with photo) are required. You should also complete the Annual Volunteer Registration Form. Please see the following documents for more information.
Volunteers are asked to sign in at the office when they enter the school and to wear a volunteer tag throughout their stay. Please return these tags to the office when you leave.
If you have any further questions, please contact our administrative secreatary at 403-777-6790.
We look forward to having you in our school!