- WE TEAM NEEDS YOUR HELP
1. Wildwood School's WE Team is holding a WE BAKE FOR CHANGE sale on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. All items will be 50 cents. The WE Team would love staff and students in all classes to contribute bake sale items if they wish to. All proceeds from the bake sale will go towards their chosen global initiative of improving educational opportunities for children in the third-world country that has been identified as having the greatest need, at the time the donation is made.
If you are able to help by providing baked goods for our sale, please drop them off in Room 1 on Wednesday morning. Thank you in advance for your support! Follow the link to see more on this great initiative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cmjjyHOUoI.
2. Yearbook Orders are due back by February 28th. Yearbooks are $20 each. Please make payments to Wildwood School. You can also order online at www.ybpay.lifetouch.com the ID is 11576217.
3. Thank you to the Student Voice committee (Teachers and Students) for organizing the “Be the Change, Dress Up Week!” Lots of great conversation happened in the school as we work within the Circle of Courage (Independence, Mastery, Generosity and Belonging).
4. We are organizing another French Carnival on March 10 in the afternoon. One of the activities will be building an ice structure. Students will be asked to bring a block of ice to add to the structure. We encourage you to take a milk jug, fill it with water, add some food colour, freeze it and bring it to school that Friday. More details to come!!
5. The following clubs are occurring on a weekly basis over the next few weeks before Spring Break: Sports Club (Div II), Card Playing Games (Grades 3&4), Yearbook Club (Grades 5&6), Vocal Jazz Club (grades 5&6), and Math Fair (Div II)
6. Dr. Seuss Challenge is starting to see the completed sheets come in. Be watching for the new updated pictures!
7. See the attached newsletters from our Health Nurse, Jane Spice on “Healthy Children and Healthy Teens”.
Literacy Tip of the Week – Share this statement with your family this weekend:
Name five things that make you smile!
Rules to Play
A) Gather together around a table or somewhere comfy and close.
B) Put all electronics away.
C) Give everyone time to think about his or her response.
D) Be polite and listen as one person shares at a time.
E) Develop a conversation habit by playing the game often – be patient and persistent.
F) Have fun with the game – remember stories, be inspired, connect and care with family and friends. (Calgary Reads)
Healthy Children Newsletter (pdf)
Healthy Teens Newsletter (pdf)