1. February 10, in the afternoon Grades 1-3 will celebrate their Friendship Dance. All parents/guardians welcome.
2. No school February 11, 12, and 15 for Teachers Convention and Family Day.
3. Carnaval is coming to Wildwood School on Friday, February 19th. This is a celebration of French singing and dancing, with some maple syrup tasting. If you would like to help with serving the maple syrup, or disguising yourself in our Bonnehomme mascot costume, please could you contact Madame Mitchell at email@example.com. Please indicate if you are able to volunteer from either 7.30 am – 10 am or 10 am – 12.30 pm.
4. Student Voice invites you to be part of JOY SOCKS. This project was started by Leona deVinne who found out that people who are in hospital feel so much better when they get to wear a fun and colourful pair of socks. Since starting in July 2015, the Joy Socks Movement has donated socks to Ronald McDonald House across Alberta +750, Rockyview General Hospital (+500), the Boys and Girls Club (+150) and various shelters. The socks have been extremely well received and even brought some recipients to tears. We are asking you to bring in a pair of brightly coloured socks that you think will make someone smile. Just pick something you would like to wear. These new socks can be any size, from new born to adult. Please ensure they are new, colourful and fun. If your family would like to make a donation, we can buy a pair of socks for $2. All donations can be given to the classroom teacher. The class which collects the most donations of socks and sock money will get a free popcorn party! We are going to collect socks throughout the month of February.
5. Extra-Curricular Clubs starting soon – Basketball, Ukulele, Film Making, Skating, Carton Drawing, Building, Drama, Chess – to name a few. Make sure your child watches for announcements on how to join.
6. See Kokomo Beach attachment that identifies the baskets being created by each grade level. More information will be coming from classroom teachers next week! Don’t forget to support this great activity by volunteering at Kokomo Beach. Please see last week’s attachment for details.
7. January 29 – February 5 - Division I Hip Hop Dance Artist in Residence performed today and it was amazing! Thank you to all our families that came to support our students with their dance performance and to School Council for funding this residency.
8. Tuesday, February 9th, from 7:00 to 8:30 PM the Café Institute will host in partnership with Calgary Reads and Wildwood School, Learning at Home... it's not just about flashcards – its connecting learning at home and school. Come learn and share with other parents. This is guaranteed to be a lively conversation!
9. Kindergarten Registration for 2016-2017 ongoing!
10. Reading Tip – Have you visited your community library lately to see all the great books available?
Have a great weekend!
Darren and Renée
Kokomo Beach Information (pdf)