1. Please join us for School Council Monday evening at 6:30. See the attached minutes (from last meeting) and the agenda for Monday night
2. Festive Foods will take place on Friday, January 27th. Its pizza day again (Little Caesars), so please get your orders in! Deadline for online submission is Sunday, January 22nd. If sending your order to the school, please have the order form and payment in by Friday, January 20th. **Please note that if you have a child in Gr. 1 that switched classes, please update your child's account to ensure their meal is delivered accurately! If you have any questions, please contact the Festive Foods coordinators.
3. Kokomo Beach Bash Fundraising Evening is Thursday, February 2nd! We are still looking for donations. If you are able to support our raffle, silent auction, or grand prize offerings, please contact Alicia Mossing. Arrangements can be made to have donations picked up. We are hoping to have all donations gathered by January 27, 2017. Donations could include such items as tickets to sporting, musical or theatrical events; goods or services; or passes to family fun centres. Please see the attached “Donation Request Letter” for more details.
4. New, this year, to Kokomo: “Passports for Prizes!”
With every five (5) tickets purchased, you will receive a passport. At each game you play, you will receive a stamp on your passport. Once your passport is full, go to the grand prize tables, fill in your name and contact information, and place your passport in one of the 10 fabulous grand prize draw boxes. All 10 grand prizes will be drawn at Kokomo in the gym at 8:15pm.
5. Call for donation items for Theme Raffle Baskets
This year we have five themes for donation items, which any grade can donate to. The items received will be organised into one of the theme raffle baskets or placed into the silent auction or grand prize draws. We are requesting only new items please. Items can be sent to school with your child and will be collected from your child’s classroom or you can drop it off at the office. All items will be collected daily by the Kokomo committee.
6. This year’s themes and some examples of donation items:
- Family Movie Night – Items with a movie night theme (at home or at the theatre) such as movie theatre tickets, popcorn, your favourite movie treats, or iTunes Gift Cards.
- Family Story time – Books to read aloud, together, or to enjoy individually and then discuss around the dinner table! E.g. picture books, storybooks, chapter books, comics, children’s magazines or bookstore gift cards.
- Gourmet Foods – Special food items you enjoy such as spices for cooking or your favourite sauce, jams or pickles from your favourite stores, gift cards or sweet treats- mmm chocolate!
- Arts & Crafts – For the budding artist! E.g. coloured paper, pastels, paints, pencil crayons, colouring books etc. etc.
- Coffee & Tea – Items related to coffee and tea such as bags of coffee or tea, your favourite coffee or tea time treats, mugs, or gift cards to coffee and tea shops.