Don't Miss Out on School Messages
Parents/guardians: Due to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), if you want to keep receiving electronic messages from our school on commercial topics such as student fees and field trip costs, you need to subscribe online.
In addition, if you want to receive any text messages from our school, you need to opt-in by texting the word YES to the six-digit number 724665.
- 1 to 8 – Decidedly Jazz Residency
- 1,8,15 – Gr. 3/4 YMCA @ lunch
- 1,6,8,13,15 Div. 2 YMCA after school
- 2 – Professional Learning Day (No SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS)
- 5,7,12,14, – Gr. 1/2 YMCA @ lunch
- 7 – Fun Lunch
- 7,12,14 - Div. 1 YMCA after school
- 8 – Decidedly Jazz Learning
Celebration – 2PM and 6PM
- 9 – Early Dismissal – 12PM
- 12 – Caroling – 3:05pm until dismissal
- 13 – Caroling – 8:45am – 9am
- 14 – Caroling – 3:05pm until dismissal
- 15 - Central Memorial Drama Performance – 1:15 PM until approx. 2PM
- 15- Caroling – 2:00 to 2:20 p.m.
16 - Caroling - 8:45 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- 16- LAST DAY OF CLASSES
Early Dismissal – 12PM
Report Cards go home
- Dec. 17 – Jan. 2 – WINTER BREAK
- 3 – Classes resume
- 3,10,17,13,31 – Gr. 1/2 YMCA at lunch
- 5,12,19,26 – Gr. 3/4 YMCA at lunch
- 3,5,10,12,17,19,25,26,31 – Div. 1 YMCA after school
- 4,9,11,16,18,23,25,31 – Div. 2 YMCA after school
- 9 to 13 – Rocks and Rings Curling Residency
- 9 – Kindergarten Registration begins
- 16 – Coffee with the Principal – 2:15
- 16,23,30 – Games Club
- 16 to 31 – Robotics – Gr. ¾
- 17- Family Drumfit Night (5:00-5:40 p.m.)
- 23 – School Council Meeting – 6:45 pm
School Hours for the
2016-2017 School Year
Mon - Thurs.
8:35 - 11:29 am
12:30 - 3:26 pm
(Alternating between morning and afternoon class)
8:35 - 11:29 pm
- Grades 1-6
Mon - Thurs.
8:35 - 12:00 pm
15 minute Recess
10:40 - 10:55 am
12:00 pm - 12:55 pm
12:55 - 3:26 pm
8:35 - 12:00 pm
- Office Hours
8:00 am - 4:00 pm (Monday-Thursday)
8:00-1:00 p.m. (Fridays)
At Glendale School we offer a multi-aged learning environment richly embedded in the principles of Inquiry-based learning and formative assessment to improve intellectual engagement throughout the curriculum.
Please take a moment to learn more about the work that students and staff are currently engaged in by visiting "our classrooms."
Glendale School offers an outstanding learning environment for students in kindergarten to grade six.
Our school is located in the southwest community of Glendale, serving the communities of Glendale and Glenmeadows. We are excited to share our school with you!
"K-9 ASSESSMENT AND REPORTING
In 2009, Albertans gathered in person and online during “Inspiring Education: A Dialogue with Albertans” to share their hopes, dreams and aspirations for K-12 education in the 21st century and beyond. Inspiring Education generated rich conversations and thoughtful insight; highlighting values, skills, practices and knowledge that will be vital to our children and grandchildren in a rapidly changing world. Out of these many conversations, a broad policy framework document was developed to describe the overall direction, principles and long-term goals for education in Alberta. ..."
Glendale School offers a quality learning program for students in K-6. We are also open to consider "out of area students"–
Whether you are from in area, or out of area, please feel free to contact the school to set up a time for a tour.
Registration for Kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year begins on January 11, 2016, Prospective families can stop by the office to register with Mrs. Norris. Currently, we offer a half day program in both the morning and afternoon. We look forward to meeting with you!
Glendale School's Child's Play offers before and after care for Glendale School. This privately-run service is available onsite for students K-6.
Contact Child's Play for more information about how to register your child!
Phone: @ 403-650-4156