The assessment of the students was on-going throughout the project through:Rubric
- Anecdotal notes from class discussions and construction time on design ability and behaviour.
- The quality of the final robot and program
- The ability to reflect upon learning process in reflections journal
1: Greatly exceeds expectations
2: Exceeds expectations
3: Meets expectations
4: Does not meet expectations
Back to Top Student/Teacher Reflections
- Always worked cooperatively in their group.
- Consistently demonstrated leadership in problem solving.
- Experimented with many different structural designs, and evaluated their benefits.
- Excellent ability to clearly explain their robot and design process during sharing.
- Journal entries always detailed, reflective and neat.
- Completed a robot that performed a meaningful task.
- Used a wide variety of materials in highly creative ways, that added to the function of the robot.
- Constructed an exceptional program that enhanced the design and used a large variety of programming elements.
- Usually worked cooperatively in their group.
- Usually demonstrated leadership in problem solving.
- Experimented with several structural designs and usually evaluated their benefits.
- Journal entries usually detailed and reflective and quite neat.
- Completed a robot that performed a task.
- Used a variety of materials in creative ways.
- Constructed a good program that fit the design and used a variety of programming elements.
- Worked cooperatively in their group with reminders.
- Sometimes demonstrated leadership in problem solving.
- Experimented with a few structural designs and with assistance evaluated their benefits.
- Journal entries sometimes detailed and reflective
- Completed a robot.
- A variety of materials used.
- Constructed a basic program successfully downloaded to the RCX.
- Difficulty working cooperatively in their group.
- Rarely showed leadership in problem solving.
- Little experimentation with structural design.
- Journal entries rarely detailed and reflective, and more care needed in presentation
- Robot not yet completed.
- Only basic pieces used, adding little to the design.
- Attempted to create a program to match their robot's design.
- Disrupted and did not work cooperatively in their group.
- Showed no leadership in problem solving.
- Almost no experimentation with structural design.
- Journal entries incomplete.
- Robot not close to being completed.
- Insufficient pieces used in robot.
- Did not attempt programming.