· The kidneys filter out your urine.
· There are 5 parts to your urinary system (ureters, urethra, kidneys, sphincter, bladder).
· Your urinary system filters a bunch of waste chemicals.
· You cannot live without a urinary system.
· Urine is made up of toxic chemicals from your whole body.
· Urine is yellow because of chemical called bile.
· Did you know urine is 95% water?
· The other 5% of your urine is waste chemicals.
· Bile and urea are important chemicals in the urinary system.
· The two main parts of the urinary system are the kidneys and the urinary bladder.
As you drink water it takes the following trip through your body. Water starts in your mouth, and travels to the stomach. In the stomach water mixes with other fluids and nutrients from our food. These nutrients and fluids are then delivered to cells, then waste products from cells go into your bloodstream. Then the blood passes to your kidneys. The kidneys soon filter out this waste chemical. The waste chemical, urine, starts to travel down the ureters. The ureter is like a long tube that transfers waste chemicals to the urinary bladder. The waste product travels through the ureters and into the bladder. Now this waste product is in your urinary bladder just waiting for the sphincter to open and let the waste product out of your urethra. Now that waste product is out of your body!