To our Battalion Park School Families:
As we wrap up the 2015/16 school year we would like to provide you with some important information and final thoughts.
First, for those students who are returning to Battalion Park School next year we have the following information:
- The 2016/17 School Calendar is posted on our website to help you plan for next year
- We will post 2016/17 bus maps on our website and on the windows of our Core office in the last week of August.
- Our school office is open on August 31
- You will receive an email from your child’s new teacher to welcome your student and provide directions for the first day of school. Expect to receive this email between Sept 1-2. A map of our “First Day” meeting places for each grade will also be posted on our website.
- Once your child comes back to school on September 6, you will receive a package of information that includes payment of school fees, lunch fees, and transportation fees.
Second, we wish good luck to students and staff who are moving to new places next year. We thank you for being a part of our learning community and we hope you will take a little piece of us with you wherever you go. Please join me in thanking and saying good-bye to the following staff who are leaving:
- Mrs. Ehman (Kindergarten)
- Miss Blackburn (Grade 1)
- Miss Winston (Grade 2)
- Mrs. Micelli (Grade 3)
- Miss Dabrensky (Grade 4)
- Miss Zietz (Grade 4)
- Mrs. Chow (Grade 5)
- Mrs. Gilks (Grade 5)
This year we were pleased to build some school pride by offering Battalion Park hoodies, shirts, and hats. We would invite you to pack those shirts/hats/hoodies with you in your travels this summer. Then take a picture of your child in their Battalion Park gear – be creative. In the fall we would like to build a bulletin board of pictures from around the world to see where our BPS-wear (and our students) have gone. We will ask for the pictures to come back in the fall (note – if you are sending your pictures by email, please make sure the file size is not too large).
We would like to express our appreciation to our incredibly supportive School Council and Enhancement Society groups of parents who attend monthly meetings and add real value to our school. Your guidance and fundraising adds real value to our students’ experience. You make a difference.
Finally, it has been a great pleasure to have been a part of your child’s education this year. Being a part of a young person’s world for a full school year is a real privilege for us. We extend our thanks and appreciation to you and your family for your on-going support throughout the year.
To our families who will be here next year, we are looking forward to working with you again next year … after some holiday time J
On behalf of the Battalion Park School staff, we wish you a fun, relaxing and safe holiday.