Register for online fee payment and book Parent/Teacher Conferences by clicking My CBE Account
Welcome to North Haven School
Don't Miss Out on School Messages
Parents/guardians: Due to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), if you want to keep receiving electronic messages from our school on commercial topics such as student fees and field trip costs, you need to subscribe online.
In addition, if you want to receive any text messages from our school, you need to opt-in by texting the word YES to the six-digit number 724665.
What a year this has been! It is hard to believe we are already in June and our last month of learning is underway! I am proud of the many accomplishments that have occurred for our students this year. I am also thankful for the dedication of both staff and parents as we worked together to support the learning and development of children.
Aug. 31 - Office Open 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Sept. 5 - Labour Day - schools closed
Sept. 6 Back to School
Sept. 16 - Early Dismissal 11:30
Sept. 23 - CBE non-instruction day - schools closed
Kindergarten Registration for 2016-2017
Kindergarten registration for the 2016-2017 school year is ongoing. Children must turn five years of age by March 1 during their kindergarten school year. You have to register in person at your school with proof of residence, your child's name, date of birth and citizenship. Visit our Registration page for more information and for the forms you'll need. More information is available on our Kindergarten page.
1. Less than 500 schools from across Canada (out of 15,000 schools) receive this award
2. PHE (Physical Health & Education Canada) presented the award for our commitment in offering exceptional PE to our school community and this outstanding achievement
3. Quality PE provides a foundation for the development of physical literacy; enabling students to live physically active and healthy lives
4. We received an award certificate, congratulatory letter from the Prime Minister of Canada and we will be recognized in the fall edition of PHE Canada's nationally publicized Physical and Health Educational Journal
5. Increased academic achievement with quality PE
Trickster Theatre Residence
Students participated in a week long residency with Trickster Theatre in October. This week culminated with a performance for parents and community. The performance, 50 for 50, celebrated North Haven School's 50th anniversary and the gifts, past, present and future, that North Haven has and will give to the world. Students continue to inquire into global issues that they will blog about on the Kids Go Global website – www.kidsgoglobal.net. Students will endeavor to raise money for these issues and contribute to supporting these causes. Thank you to all of the parent volunteers who contributed to the week and the Alberta Foundation for the Arts for the generous financial support!