About Our School
Located in the inner city community of Hillhurst,
Queen Elizabeth School was built in 1957 and is
situated on three acres with a large playing field
and creative playground. We are located directly
to the south of the junior/senior high school of the
same name and enjoy a mutually positive relationship
with the secondary school, which many of
our students attend following grade six.
Queen Elizabeth School meets the educational
needs of elementary-age children
- From the communities of Hillhurst and West
- Whose parents commute downtown to work.
- With special needs (we house and welcome
system classes for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
At Queen Elizabeth everyone works together to:
- Support students as they strive for their academic and personal best,
- Develop a caring community of enthusiastic, responsible learners, and
- Create an atmosphere that respects diversity and inclusion.
Queen Elizabeth - learning together - each of us trying our best Queen Elizabeth - building a future - with care, enthusiasm, and respect.