- Alberta Education - Get curriculum information, provincial testing information etc.
- Learn Alberta - Links to the resources that are currently available, as well as information about how to access additional multimedia resources through the Learning Technologies Branch or via the online Learning Resources Catalogue, are provided.
- The Alberta Online Encyclopedia :The Alberta Online Encyclopedia is the first of its kind- a multi-media encyclopedia that showcases all aspects of the historical, cultural, natural, scientific and technological heritage of Alberta. The Encyclopedia is a dynamic, ever-growing content source that brings a world of knowledge to your fingertips.
- PE Central - great site for a variety of activities - put your key word i.e. pedometers in the search section and hit search
- Discipline - Suggestions for helping students in your class
- Society of Educational Resource Groups - An excellent resource for information from the arts to the sciences, and from off campus programming for school groups to in-services for educators, teachers, schools, community and home school groups will find SERG a valuable resource for alternative learning opportunities.
Media/ Digital Literacy
- Smart Board site - the main page of Smart Technologies
- Smart Education site - the main page for the education section
- Canadian Smart Board Activities - prepared SmartBoard activities geared to Canadian Curriculum. Search by level, then grade and topic
- Educator Resources -
Find activities, programs and training to help you get the most from your SMART products.
- Old Ed Tech Site - will be moving soon but for now it has some good information
- Notebook Activities - prepared activities for using with students. Click on Curriculum Standards "Canada" and then choose, by pulling down the arrows, province, subject and grade level - only Core Subject at this point. Accessible from home computers only at this time
- Smarter Kids Foundation -
The SMARTer Kids Foundation is a private organization that provides opportunities for students and teachers to learn new skills and grow in self-confidence by placing technology, Grants and programs at their service.
- D&HH Information - article in THE Journal about the Smart Board for D&HH
- PowerPoint for Assistive Technology - shows lots of sites for technology for learning disabilities
- Science Alberta Foundation - Book science activities for students or have students learn in Wattsville about electricity
- Sites for Teachers - lots of different sites that can be used for a variety of activities or occassions
- Education World - General Resources for different learning challenges; information on ADHD, reading difficulties and speech and language disorders plus many other topics .
- Reading Rockets - Information about learning to read and suggestions of books that students should read.
- Learning though the Arts - Learning Through the ArtsT (LTTA) is an international educational initiative dedicated to changing the way the core curriculum is taught and learned in public schools.
- Intel - Unit Planning
- Intel - Site for teachers
- Educators Network - variety of sites for teachers with lessons, information, posters & worksheets.
- KidsClick - a search engine with a large variety of topics and the sites are then rated for grade level of reading.
- The Teacher List - The Teachers' List listserve provides links to resources for teachers of K-12.
- Teacher Created Material - Materials for teachers to use with students
- Worksheets for Teachers
- Quia site
- Resource Room Info From here you can click on Michele's math for helpful information
- The English Teacher - This is a very comprehensive Hotlist for English teachers, with links to prose, drama, poetry, and vocabulary sites, as well as Shakespeare, Olympics, Journalism, and Critical thinking.
- Merlot - MERLOT is a free and open resource designed primarily for faculty and students in higher education. With a continually growing collection of online learning materials, peer reviews and assignments, MERLOT helps faculty enhance instruction.
- On-Line Practice Modules - From Inspiration to Word to Dreamweaver .
- Lextutor -
For data-driven language learning on the web
- Puzzlemaker -
Puzzlemaker is a puzzle generation tool for teachers, students and parents.