Time line for the Naturalization Project at Marion Carson School
Present - June 2005
Developing vision and creating a "wish list".
· This is achieved through surveying all students and staff. The committee is
providing a survey questionnaire for teachers to help with their brainstorming
sessions. A curriculum link handout is also attached for reference.
· Develop mission statement and name of naturalized area.
· Start site surveys.
· Fence additional play area
September - October 2005
· Site surveys of the proposed naturalization area are to be completed. These
include: plotting existing trees and plants, temperature, wind, wildlife, etc.
· Survey community and parents.
· Using the above wish lists and site surveys, the committee and a landscape
designer will work on creating preliminary designs to be presented to all
stakeholders for approval.
January - June 2006
Focus on Fundraising
· Ongoing fundraising will possibly include a school-wide spell-a-thon (January).
The committee will attend a fundraising workshop (March).
· A final design will be chosen with details as to exact plants chosen, etc, therefore
making an exact budget available.
· The committee will develop a strategic plan for the implementation of the project.
This will include labor, materials, equipment, etc. needed, and how to ask for
volunteers and gifts in kind.
· We are considering a math-a-thon to continue fundraising for the project.
· The committee will start applying for matching grants
Preparation for installation
· Asking for volunteers
· Planning the planting process
· Planning a celebration and how to recognize all necessary parties
· Committee will attend a Prep for Installation workshop
· Committee will attend a maintenance workshop
May - June 2007· PLANTING DAYS!!!!!!