1. Last Day of School: The last day of school for students is Wednesday, June 28. Students will be dismissed for the summer holiday at 3:27PM.
2. Report Cards: Will be distributed in the afternoon of Wednesday, June 28th. If your child will not be here on Wednesday, until the end of day, please leave a self-addressed stamped envelop with Mrs. Backus. Report cards will be mailed to you.
3. Appeals Day: Thursday, June 29 is our official “Appeals” day. Teachers will be available to answer questions regarding report cards between 9:00AM and 2:00PM. Our main office will be closed at 2:00PM on Thursday. If you have questions about your child’s report card, but cannot come to school on that day, please contact your child’s teacher.
4. Organizational Day: Friday, June 30 is an organizational day for staff. While the office will be open during regular office hours (8:30AM -4:30PM), staff will be involved in meetings and readying the school for September. Only through a pre-arranged appointment will they be available to parents and students.
5. Lost and Found: All unclaimed items, by Friday, June 30 @ 12:00NOON will be packaged and donated to charity. The lost and found is overflowing…please check it out if you are in the school.
6. Farewell Assembly: Our final gathering for the 2016-17 School Year will be in the afternoon Tuesday, June 27. The assembly will start at 1:30PM. Special focus will be directed to our grade 6 students as we say good-bye to them, as well as to staff who will not be returning to WOM in September. Following the assembly, parents of Grade 6 students are invited to a ‘farewell reception’, which will allow for lots and lots of photos!
7. Not returning to WOM next September?: We would appreciate knowing this information ASAP. Student numbers affect how we organize for learning. Also, if you advise us that your child will not be returning in September now, we can help with transfer processes so that your child’s new start in his/her new school will be as smooth as possible.
And the final countdown begins! I hope to see you over the next couple of days!