April 4 Calgary Blizzard Soccer Club all grades during PE time April 5 Gr 3/4 to Glenbow Museum April 6 Calgary Young Writers lunch Meeting April 7 AM(only) Kindergarten to Telus Spark all day.
No School for PM Kindergarten students April 7 Patrol leadership luncheon April 10 Circus School all grades in PE time.
Show #1 Gr. K – 2 9:15-10am
Show #2 Gr 3 - 6 10:15-11am
Parents welcome for the shows April 11,12 Circus School all grades in PE time. April 14 No School All Grades April 17 No School All Grades PD Day April 19 Gr. 2 Glenbow Museum April 20 Gr. 2 Glenbow Museum April 20 Grades 3 to 6
2pm for School,
7pm for Parents April 21 PM(only) Kindergarten to Telus Spark all day.
No School for AM Kindergarten students
Fun Lunch Parent Sponsored
Skip time Presentation 2 – 2:30pm
Gr. 3 Hawk Presentation in AM April 22 Young Writers Conference April 24 School Council meeting 7:30 pm April 28 Fun Snack
Parent Sponsored Family Fun Night Bingo /Silent Auction 6:30-8:30pm
Welcome/Bienvenidos to W.O. Mitchell School
International Spanish Academy
Staying in Touch – ¿Qué hay de nuevo? | April 17, 2017
1. Please remember that there is no school for students Monday, April 17.
2. Our next 'FUN LUNCH" is Friday, April 21. Orders can be placed through www.healthyhunger.ca. A special thank you to Mrs. Batchelor and the dedicated team of volunteers who make this regular, fun event possible!
3. Musical April 20, featuring our talented students in grades 3,4,5 and 6! There are two performances, 2:00PM for the school, and again at 7:00PM. Families are welcome to attend either performance. Doors for the evening performance open at 6:30PM. In addition to celebrating the hard work of our students, I wish to recognize Ms Gardner for her leadership in this presentation, who is supported by several equally talented staff members. I also wish to thank Mrs Boulton and Mrs Saunders for their 'Broiadway-like' sets!
4. Student Leadership Initiative, April 20: While there is no cost to attend the musical, parents are asked to consider either donating a non-perishable food item for the food bank, or make a cash donation to the school's global leadership project in support of education in Nicaragua. Funds raised by the school will be mached by 'Me to We" (www.metowe.com) A little note from the committee... The leadership committee is excited to invite you to join our effort in raising awareness about the poverty-stricken country of Nicaragua. We hope all our thoughts turn towards ways that we can reach out and help those living in that disadvantaged area. In partnership with the “Me to We” organization, we strive to improve education for Nicaragua's children. On April 20th during our Spring Concert, we would appreciate any voluntary cash donations. All the collected donations will be transferred to our partner “Me to We” and they will send us information about where the donation has best been allocated in Nicaragua. This is our first fundraiser, we will keep you updated about our next supporting activities.
5. Bus Evacuation: Our second bus evacuation will take place on April 20th, in the AM. Students practice leaving the bus from the emergency exit. It is led by their school bus driver.
6. Skip Time Presentation: Aprill 21, from 2:00-2:30PM, in the gym. Please join us if your schedule allows.
7. Young Writers Conference: Just a reminder to those students going that it is this Saturday at Robert Thirsk High School. Thank you Senora Fandino for taking our students!
8. Family Fun Night April 28. This community building/school fundraiser is just around the corner!!!!! If you, or someone you know, has something to donate to the silent auction, kindly notify Mrs. Larsen, or drop of the item to the office. Thank you for your support.
Application to our Spanish bilingual program, kindergarten and grade 1 is now closed. A lottery for all available spaces was held on February 15th. Applicants will be contacted the week of February 21 as to the status of their application.
Applicants for this program who apply after February 15th will be placed on our contact list.
Regular Program Kindergarten, Grade 1, and 2 (and grade 3, 2017-18)
While we currently do not offer these grades at WO Mitchell, due to lack of interest from designated families, we continue to accept registrations for all these grades for the upcoming school year. While registration for our regular program is ongoing, we have, in the past, made decisions regarding feasibility of these regular program classes by Spring Break. If you live within our regular program catchment area, kindly advise us of your intent to register for these grades by March 22, 2017 so that we are able to make decisions with the best information possible.
Open House: May 25th, 2017 at 7:00PM
An Open House will be held on May 25th, at 7:00PM for parents of successful applicants, where parents will have opportunities to participate in a school presentation focused on transitions for success, as well as meet our amazing instructional staff and members of our vibrant School Council. Parents will also have opportunities to have a guided tour of our school at this time. This will be an adult only evening.
New students will have opportunities to visit their new school, and see their new classrooms in June.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-18 school year is ongoing. Children must be at least four years old on or before March 1 to start kindergarten in September of the same calendar year. You have to register in person at your school with proof of residence, your child's name, date of birth and citizenship. Visit the CBE Registration page for more information and for the forms you'll need. More information is available on the CBE Kindergarten page.
Parents/guardians: Due to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), if you want to keep receiving electronic messages from our school on commercial topics such as student fees and field trip costs, you need to subscribe online.
In addition, if you want to receive any text messages from our school, you need to opt-in by texting the word YES to the six-digit number 724665.