Newsletters are in pdf format. To view/download these pdfs, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Principal's Message | January 2018
Welcome back and a Happy New Year to all of our students and families. We hope
that everyone had a restful and re-energizing break and is returning ready for more
enriching learning experiences to undertake for the next part of the school year.
- Teachers appreciated meeting with parents at the end of December to
discuss their child’s achievement and plan for the next steps in their
- The Kindergarten family evening celebration in early December was a great
success. Parents enjoyed meeting other families, sharing excellent desserts
and watching their children perform their winter songs.
- The very generous donations to Toy Mountain in money and in presents
brought in by students and parents were very much appreciated. In total, 99
presents were delivered to Toy Mountain on December 19th. A photo of the
gifts is included in the pages of this Newsletter. Thank you very much for
your contribution to making Christmas morning a cheerful time for children
whom otherwise would not have had anything to open.
- The Book Fair, the Bake Sale and the Purdy’s Chocolate fundraiser were all
very successful. Details about these events will be shared at our next
School Council meeting next week.
- An information evening is scheduled for January 11th at 7 pm for parents who are
interested in considering the French Immersion program for their child entering
kindergarten or grade one in September 2018.
- Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year starts on January 22nd for
both programs, English and French Immersion.
- Our next School Council meeting and FJJSA meeting will take place on January
16th starting at 6:30 pm. At the meeting, two of our French Immersion teachers will
discuss strategies for developing reading comprehension in students learning in
French. Other items will also be discussed. Please come and join us to learn about
school updates and provide your input. Babysitting by a certified babysitter is
provided to allow parents to attend the meetings.
- Please note that January 29th is a PD day for staff. There will be no school for
students on that day.
- Grade 2 lunchtime club session will conclude on Wednesday, January 17th and
grade 4 clubs will start on January 24th. Information will be sent home this coming
week regarding the choice of club that grade 4 students have made.
- A Fun Lunch is scheduled for Tuesday, January 23rd.
We are pleased to welcome Mrs. Shah who has joined the lunchroom supervisor team.
New school website
CBE Communications contacted us before the break to let us know that our new website will be activated soon. Once the website has been populated with our documents and information, we will let you know via email and provide you with the details about the new features of our upgraded school website.