2015-2016 School Year
Please see the Student Handbook and School Year Information document for information on fees and waivers, supplies, homeroom lists, and busing.
|Grades 1 - 4
Monday – Thursday
Start 8:00 AM
Recess: 10:15– 10:30
End 2:40 PM
Morning Kindergarten (Friday ‘A’ Schedule)
Monday – Thursday Start 8:00 AM; End 10:47 AM
Morning Kindergarten classes alternate Fridays:
Start 8:00 AM; End 12:05 PM
Grades 1 - 4
Start 8:00 AM;
Recess 10:15–10:30 AM
End 12:05 PM
Afternoon Kindergarten (Friday ‘B’ Schedule)
Monday – Thursday Start 11:53 PM; End 2:40 PM
Afternoon Kindergarten classes alternate Fridays:
Start 8:00 AM; End 12:05 PM
Forms, Fees and Waivers
- Beginning June 1, registration for transportation and noon supervision for September 2015 can be done online through your My CBE Account. You can access your account from our website www.cbe.ab.ca/fees and register using the same email address the school has on file for your family. If you require a paper copy they are available in the school office.
- Acadia School fee invoices will come home in the back to school package sent home the first week of school.
- Online payment is the recommended payment option for CBE and Acadia School fees. This can be done online through My CBE Account.
- Bus Maps - If your child is eligible for the bus, maps will be available approximately August 27. They will be available in the school lobby.
- If your child is NOT ELIGIBLE for the bus, but you would like to apply for permission for your child to take the bus, you will be required to fill out an Expression of Interest for Conditional Rider Status form. These forms will be available after September 15, 2015 once transportation services have the bus eligible students placed on busses.
Your child will require indoor running shoes that remain at the school, large backpack and a snack for recess. Please remember to label everything. Please pack a healthy lunch, if your child will be staying for lunch. Please avoid peanut/nut products. Milk coupons are available for purchase in the main office by cheque, cash, debit or credit they are $8.00 for ten coupons.
Homeroom lists will be posted on the walls outside in the compound area on the north side of the school on the first day of classes.
Acadia School operates a supervised lunch program. Students bring their own lunch and are supervised by lunchroom supervisors during the lunch hour. Lunch is from 12:00 am-12:50 pm.
Busing & Transportation
Please check my school bus monitor @ http://www.myschoolbusmonitor.ca or call Southland Transportation Ltd. At (403) 253-9323.
Read more on the CBE website
We provide students with the option of staying at school for lunch. Noon Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs. This service provides students with the opportunity to practice social skills supported by caring adult supervision. Read more
The Calgary Board of Education is committed to helping its students thrive in the 21st century. Digital citizenship, with an emphasis on both safety and ethical behaviour, is a key component of helping CBE students use the digital technologies available to their best advantage to reach their full potential as a student within the CBE and beyond. > More Info
School Website: http://schools.cba.ab.ca/b300/
School Profile: http://www.cbe.ab.ca/schools/find-a-school/_layouts/cbe.service.spm/viewprofile.aspx?id=66
Principal: Mrs. Barbara James, B. Ed., M.A. – email@example.com
Assistant Principal: Joyce Shurvell firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin Secretary: Mrs. Angela Kulba– email@example.com
Calgary Board of Education information for parents including:
General Media Coverage Notice
School District Use of Personal Information
can be accessed at www.cbe.ab.ca
The 2Learn.ca Education Society
Government of Alberta - Health
Government of Alberta - Education