About Our School
The school was built initially in 1960, with additions in 1966 and 1974, and is situated on 3.97 acres. The school has 31 classrooms, including computer room and music room; in addition there is a library and gymnasium. The Communication and Behavior Program joined this English and French Immersion School in September 2000.
At Chinook Park School staff, students and parents work together to provide a caring, challenging learning environment in which students achieve their personal best.
- Communication, Sensory and Social Interaction Program (CSSI) Program (for children with Autism and those with Autistic-like symptoms)
- Music Specialist (Kiwanis Festival, choirs)
- Grade 6 Outdoor School
- Artist in Residence each year
- High achievement test scores
Chinook Park School will continue to be a safe, secure learning environment where the highest priorities are on:
- Student confidence and competence
- Students achieving to their highest potential
- Academic achievement in core subjects (Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science)
We are a school focused on academic excellence, with a priority on information literacy and developing higher levels of thinking in our students.