About Our School
Marlborough School is located in the northeast community of Marlborough. We provide educational programs to students Kindergarten to Grade 5 living in the community of Marlborough. Our school follows the modified school calendar, which means school starts in August. School hours for students in grades 1 to 5 for the 2017/2018 school year are from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. All students are dismissed at 11:05 on Friday. Lunch period is from 11:15 to 12:00 Monday through Thursday. Students living north of Marbank Drive have access to charter bus service to and from school.
Our Unique Points
- rich, diverse multicultural student body
- serves kindergarten to grade 5 from the Marlborough community
- morning and afternoon kindergarten
- focus on increasing numeracy and literacy across curriculum
- provides ELL and Special Education support
- learning enhancements include fieldtrips, annual swimming lessons, in school presentations, extraurricular activities
- music specialist
- technology in every classroom
- Calgary Reads volunteer program for Division I students
- Start Smart Stay Safe (S4) school www.startsmartstaysafe.ca
- grade 4/5 patrol program
- supervised lunch program
- active school council
- participating with the University of Calgary Faculty of Education practicum students
Click here to view our full profile.
Building a foundation of skills and knowledge to inspire active learning while fostering responsible and caring citizens.
Learning and Growing, Sharing and Caring.
- Cooperative teamwork and building healthy relationships
- Empowering individuals to be risk takers in a safe learning environment
- Purposeful, quality, authentic learning
- Learner self-awareness
- Independence and Self-reliance
- Empathy, kindness, acceptance, fairness
- Our diverse community
- Respect for ourselves, each other and our environment