Willow Park School Busing
Bus Maps & Schedules
For the 2016-17 school year, bus route maps will be available at cbe.ab.ca/busstop. Click here to find your child’s 2016-17 yellow school bus route map. Maps are organized by school name and route letter. Schools that have more than five buses (not including kindergarten) will also have an overview document to help parents identify their child's route map by its letter (Route A etc.).
New information on the 2016-17 bus maps includes:
- The afternoon schedule is provided in addition to the morning schedule. The afternoon drop-off stop may be slightly different than the morning pick-up stop due to traffic patterns, for example across the street from the morning stop.
- Early or late entry days are shown as a “variation.”
- The number of registered riders shown on your map may change as parents continue to register their students, or students choose to access an existing stop other than the one assigned to them.
Parents should also be aware of the following:
- Parents are responsible for ensuring their child's safety while traveling from home to and from, and at the bus stop.
- School bus routes were developed using all pre-registrations that were submitted by June 12, 2016.
- Changes to routes will not be made until after Thanksgiving unless they are necessary. e.g. Road closure
- If a student has more than one address, only the primary residence address will be used for transportation purposes. The CBE cannot provide two or more bus stops for one child; however, students are allowed to use any existing bus stop that is convenient for them as long as they have registered and paid for transportation.
- Parents/guardians can complete a Bus Stop Change Request form.
- The circumstances under which a stop will be reviewed are outlined on the form.
- Bus routes or schedules are subject to change at any time during the school year.
Parents are encouraged to register their students for CBE transportation (busses) online.
Online Fee Payent Create your "My CBE Account" to make payments and register and remember we are a 4 day lunch supervision school (no lunch supervision on Fridays).We encourage parents and students to sign up for "Remind" text messages to you and your child's cel phones for current information about bus delays. CLICK HERE
If busses are delayed, check your cell phone for a "Remind Message" or call the school at 403 777 6900 to inquire and report. We reset the Remind Text lists each year so all parents and bus riders must re-register after August 26th if you want to be on the 2015-2016 list.
Please note: Students must ride on their assigned bus. Students wishing to make alternative transporation arrangements for the day must bring in a note to the office the morning of the change. All students involved must have notes to confirm arrangements. Students may only ride a different bus for project work approved by the appropriate teacher.
This information is in found in our Student Expectation booklet. CLICK HERE.
Also found under SCHOOL INFORMATION - STUDENT EXPECTATIONS.
Thank you for your continued support.
For bus information directly from Southland, you can monitor the status of your child’s bus on
Sign up to receive BUS information text messages (late busses, delays etc.).
Due to daily road conditions and traffic, plese be prepared for delays. Ensure children are dressed appropriately.
In response to the need for more communication between Southland, Willow Park School, parents and students, please sign up for for 'Remind' (a texting system which the school will share immediate and important information about busses) so you and your child can receive texts from the school when busses are running late etc. Please click Remind
Enter “Willow Park Elementary”. You should see any updates there.