Penbrooke Meadows School
Penbrooke Meadows School is located in the southeast community of Penbrooke
from Penbrooke Meadows School will move on to Ernest Morrow School for
Grades 6 to 9 and then to Forest Lawn High School.
Penbrooke Meadows School is on the modified school calendar.
Each student, in keeping with his or her individual abilities and gifts, will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to thrive in life, work and continued learning.
- Students Come First
- Learning is our central purpose
- Public education serves the common good.
- Penbrooke Meadows School serves a highly mobile, diverse, heterogeneous
- 54% of our student population is identified as English as Second Language
- 24 different languages are represented by the students who attend Penbrooke
- 9.5% of our students have self-identified their families as being First Nations, Metis,
- We currently provide 1 full day Kindergarten class.
- We focus on enhancing student engagement with the goal to help students take
pride and ownership in their learning.
- Literacy and Numeracy remains a major focus at Penbrooke Meadows.
- Noon hour/lunchroom supervision is available for parents who decide to utilize this
pay-for service option.
- We have a free Breakfast Program sponsored by Fans and Breakfast for Learning. This program is designed to
provide a healthy breakfast for student who might not otherwise get one.
- At Penbrooke Meadows we believe that it is important to focus on academics, but
need also to focus on the fact that we are social beings. We can only obtain
academic excellence when we feel secure in ourselves and around others. As a
result we promote many opportunities to explore emotional and social growth.
Examples include PaTHS, Roots of Empathy to mention but a few.
- We also accommodate numerous extra curricular programs via various community
- At Penbrooke Meadows we have a very active School Council which contributes in
many ways towards developing an environment within which all students feel
accepted and possess a desire to learn.