CBE Volunteer Information
At Beddington Heights School we believe that our volunteers add incredible value to the lives of our students and staff. Volunteering is about deciding to work together towards a common goal of enhancing our school and our future.
We hope that you consider volunteering at Beddington Heights School. Remember what Betty Reese said,
" If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito".
For security reasons, all volunteers and visitors must sign in at the office before going into the school. This process helps us know where you are in case of an emergency. All volunteers must comply with the Calgary Board of Education's Volunteer Registration process. A clearance of the "Agreement to Search and Disclosure" form is required prior to volunteering in the school.
Parent Volunteer Program Goals:
- to assist in providing an effective learning environment for our students
- to meaningfully involve the community in the education process
- to utilize the unique talents and areas of interest of our school community
- to provide children with the experience of working with adults other than school staff
- to assist teachers with non-instructional tasks.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give". ~Winston Churchill
To our amazing volunteers - you have our respect, appreciation and gratitude - Thanks.