Click any of the links below.
1. City of Calgary for Kids - this link takes you to the kids area of the City of Calgary website. Click any of the topics on the left side of the screen to find out more. There are great tips for health and fire safety.
2. Blackfoot History - includes information on the Blackfoot, Blood and Peigan.
3. Luxton Museum of the Plains Indian - includes information on history, hunters, spiritual life and daily life.
4. Alberta Links - this page provides links to explore Alberta history, as well as present day.
5. Royal Canadian Mint - Look at Canadian coins and vote for the new quarter to honor Alberta's Centennial.
6. Nunavut - learn about this northern territory of Canada. Use the links listed in the little yellow boxes across the top part of the screen to help you explore.
7. Native Flags - this site shows a variety of flags representative of Canadian Natives.
8. Pioneers - links to a variety of sites that provide information on the early settlement of Canada.
9. Long Ago - A resource produced by Alberta Education for grades 1 and 2.
10. In the City and the Country - A resource produced by Alberta Education for grade 1.
Community, Past to Present - A resource produced by Alberta
grades 1 and 2.
12. Following Directions - A resource produced by Alberta Education for grades 2 and 3.
13. My Community on a Map -A resource produced by Alberta Education for grades 2 & 3.
14. Quality of Life - A resource produced by Alberta Education for grade 3.
15. Citizenship - Explore links that bring awareness to social issues, share what students think about these issues and share ideas on how you can make a difference.
Design by V. Brewis
Calgary Board of Education. All Rights Reserved.