Science Alternative Program
Mission/Vision | Application Process | Student Profile | Supply Lists | Uniforms | Partners
Mission: (Why do we exist?)
The Science Alternative Program will:
- Encourage inquiry, wonder, creativity and confidence
- Bring together science interested, inquisitive, creative students with committed teachers, parents and partners.
- Demonstrate excellence in instructional strategies and practice through inquiry in all literacies (scientific, mathematical, linguistic, artistic).
- Engage learners in study within the school as well as outside of the school at various field study locations and through the use of technology
- Engage parents as partners who support students and the program mandate
- Guide children as citizens to continue the life long journey of discovery and wonder, so that they may live their lives as the informed, ethical leaders of tomorrow.
Vision: (What do we hope for?)
We envision that learners (students and teachers) and the Science School will become:
- Active inquirers, problem recognizers/creators/solvers and communicators
- Responsible citizens in a complex world
- Positive contributors to scientific and human endeavors
- Contributors to a site of demonstration of excellence in teaching and learning