newsletters are in pdf format. Download Adobe
Acrobat to view the pdf files.
Principal's Message | September 2017
It’s hard to believe that we are already back at it for the 2017-2018 school year! We are excited to welcome the over 100 new grade 6 students and the Science Alternative Program to Ian Bazalgette School.
We have a busy month coming up! Picture day will be on August 23rd. We will be taking photos of all students for ID cards and the yearbook. Picture packages will be available to order. On August 25th, we have a Welcome Back breakfast beginning at 8:30am. All are welcome – please stop by and bring your appetite!
On August 31st, we are having a Meet the Teacher evening, beginning at 5:30pm. This is not Parent Teacher Interviews, but a chance to meet and get to know your student’s teachers and ask questions about their program. We hope you will be able to stop by and say hello
In addition to what’s going on during the school day, school sports and clubs will be starting up soon – fall sports include Cross-Country, Soccer (Boys and Girls), and Volleyball (Boys and Girls). Tryouts will be taking place soon.
Please see the calendar sent home with this newsletter for more important dates.
We have also sent home a number of important documents that need to be returned:
- Demographic Form – this provides us will your contact information in case of emergency – please make any needed updates and return to the office – if you have a change of phone number or address during the year, please let us know!
- Student Information Use Forms – this allows us to display your student’s work in and around the school as well as in print materials; the 3rd person use form allows for your student to take part in media activities outside of the CBE
- Annual Authorization for Athletic Tryout - required for any student that wants to take part in after school athletics
We also have forms available in the office for special circumstances. Please let us know if you would like us to send these sent home with your student
- Volunteer Registration Form – required for any parents/relatives/friends that would like to help with our program by volunteering either at the school or on field trips; in addition to this form, you will need to have a valid police check – we can complete this at the school if you would like to volunteer. If you believe you already have a current police check, please give us a call, and we will make sure it is still valid.
- Student Health Plan/Emergency Response Protocol – if your student has a significant medical concern, please complete this form to ensure that we are able to respond to any urgent medical needs.
We look forward to working with you and your students this year! Please give us a call at the office or drop in if you have any questions or concerns.
Sandy Searle Principal