Lates | D2L | High School Registration | Math/Science Links | FSL Links | Lunchtime Activities | Teams and Clubs | Bullying | Student Email | Student-Parent Handbook |Ryan | Provincial Achievement Tests
Click to take the survey
Valley Creek Cafeteria
Cafeteria Menu (pdf)
Students are reminded that coming to class on time is very important to avoid interruptions to learning, both for yourself and for your classmates.
This year we are continuing to use an online tool called D2L . This application is designed to be a virtual extension to the classroom and allows teachers to provide students and parents with information and communication tools to enhance learning. Students/parents will log into D2L using their child's CBE id number and network password.
High School Registration
Provincial Achievement Tests
CBE Provincial testing webpage
Grades 4-6 Science related websites:
Grades 4-6 Math
Grade 7 Math
Grade 7 Science
Grade 8 Math
Grade 8 Science
Grade 9 Math
Grade 9 Science
Lunchtime activities in the gym
A variety of activites are available for students in the gym during noon hour for specified grades.
Teams and Clubs
Valley Creek School is a member of the Calgary Junior High Athletics Association and teams from our school participate in a number of interscholastic sports. Students in grades 6-9 are eligible to try out for teams. For many sports, clubs are offered for students in grades 4 and 5 during the season of play for that particular sport. Announcements will be made at school regarding try-outs for teams and times for clubs.
Generally, seasons of play are as follow:
|Track and Field
If you are being bullied:
- You are not alone, lots of other kids and adults around you have experienced the same thing.
- You are a victim and not to blame.
- You should tell some one - don't be ashamed. Ask or call:
. . . a teacher or guidance counsellor
. . . a parent or relative
. . . a friend
- Don't allow the bully to make you feel small - Say nice things to yourself
- Assert yourself . . . Look the bully in the eye and say "STOP DOING THAT"
- Walk away from the bully - walk out in the open or toward an adult - NOT into a corner or sheltered area!
- Look the other way and ignore the bully
- Join with other friends. Bullies hardly ever pick on someone if they are with others in a group
- If someone continues to bully you or threatens you with violence, get the help of an adult immediately.
What can YOU do if you see someone else being bullied?
- Help a friend. Try to stop the bullying. There's safety in numbers.
- If the situation continues or looks dangerous, get help from an adult immediately.
Internet Resources - Bullying and Victims