Bus Maps & Schedules
For the 2016-17 school year, bus route maps will be available at cbe.ab.ca/busstop. Click here to find your child’s 2016-17 yellow school bus route map. Maps are organized by school name and route letter. Schools that have more than five buses (not including kindergarten) will also have an overview document to help parents identify their child's route map by its letter (Route A etc.).
New information on the 2016-17 bus maps includes:
- The afternoon schedule is provided in addition to the morning schedule. The afternoon drop-off stop may be slightly different than the morning pick-up stop due to traffic patterns, for example across the street from the morning stop.
- Early or late entry days are shown as a “variation.”
- The number of registered riders shown on your map may change as parents continue to register their students, or students choose to access an existing stop other than the one assigned to them.
Parents should also be aware of the following:
- Parents are responsible for ensuring their child's safety while traveling from home to and from, and at the bus stop.
- School bus routes were developed using all pre-registrations that were submitted by June 12, 2016.
- Changes to routes will not be made until after Thanksgiving unless they are necessary. e.g. Road closure
- If a student has more than one address, only the primary residence address will be used for transportation purposes. The CBE cannot provide two or more bus stops for one child; however, students are allowed to use any existing bus stop that is convenient for them as long as they have registered and paid for transportation.
- Parents/guardians can complete a Bus Stop Change Request form.
- The circumstances under which a stop will be reviewed are outlined on the form.
- Bus routes or schedules are subject to change at any time during the school year.
Click here to for answers to questions about what to do when busses are late. Parents may also contact the First Student Canada Route Delay Line at 403-531-3900 ext. 3. Alternately, visit My School Bus Monitor for updates on bus delays, etc.
When your child's bus is late it is not permitted to have your child board another route.
Registration and Fees
If your child rides the school bus, please ensure that your child is registered for bus service. Click here to access forms or more information. Forms are also available in the school office. While there is often an initial grace period during the first weeks of school, eventually any students who are not registered will not be permitted to ride.
If parents have concerns about the driver or regarding bus service, please contact the carrier directly. (Carrier contact information available here.) If concerns are ongoing and you are not able to resolve them with the carrier, please contact the CBE Transportation Services office.
Please contact school administration for issues involving student conduct on the bus. Parents of students who ride the bus should be aware that students are expected to follow the school bus rules that are available here in several languages including Punjabi and Urdu. When students do not follow these rules, various consequences may apply. In some cases this may include suspension of bus privileges.
A number of grade 7-9 students at Colonel Macleod use Calgary Transit. For information about Calgary Transit bus passes, rebates, maps and schedules please click here.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.