Colonel Macleod School: 1610 – 6th Street NE
About our School Council
Welcome to Colonel MacLeod
School Council and Fundraising Society!
As the parent(s) of a Colonel MacLeod
become part of the
council and fundraising society automatically. All parents are welcome
to come out to any of our meetings
whether you decide to become part
of the executive team or just want to stay up to date on what’s going
on around the school
meetings are held on the same night, one
right after the other).
What do we do at council?
- Support students and staff regarding the learning environment by providing input to issues of importance i.e. artists in residence, sports programs and issues affecting the whole school.
- Get updates from the principal on budget, staffing, the calendar, upcoming events and surveys.
- Plus a whole lot more!
What do we do at the Friends of Colonel Macleod Meetings?
- Discuss and decide which fundraisers we will hold throughout the year.
- Discuss where the funds raised will be allocated.
- Receive updates on our accounts by the treasurer.
- Receive an overview on what was made from the fundraisers.
Council is a great way to keep in the loop of what is happening and to meet some of the other Colonel MacLeod parents. So please come out and join us!
Meeting Dates for 2017-2018
Colonel Macleod School Council Executive
Chairperson - Shauna Traub
Vice Chairperson - Lisa Choboter
Secretary - Heather McGrath
Treasurer - Karen Ondrus
School Council will meet from 7:00 - 8:30 PM in the school learning commons (library).
All parents are welcome to join us at these meetings, even if you need to come late.
If there is something you would like discussed at the meeting but are unable to be at the meeting, you can discuss your issue/concern with either the chair or the principal beforehand and one of us can bring the issue to the School Council table.
Minutes are in PDF format. Download
Adobe Acrobat Reader.