School Beliefs and Philosophy
To translate this page, select the language below.
Building Your Future Today
As a community of life-long learners we respect diversity and encourage individuals to assume responsibility for their education and development in a caring environment.
Colonel Irvine Belief Statements
We Believe That:
- Students will develop and accept responsibility for their behaviour and learning.
- Everyone has the right to feel safe and secure in school.
- Students will be guided towards a sense of social responsibility to all people in our society.
- Students will respect the rights and property of others..
- Students will foster a desire for learning and the importance of pride by "doing their best".
- We will meet the individual needs of all our students through developmentally appropriate programs that allow for student success.
- All children are special, talented and important and will be challenged to achieve their maximum potential.
- Learning requires the active involvement of the learner in a supportive environment.