PINNACLE PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
President (Updated May 2005)
- Draft the agendas for the PPAC meetings.
- Chair the PPAC meetings.
- Submit newsletter articles.
- Oversee election of new council members.
- Check PPAC mailbox and share information.
- Ensure Parent Information Bulletin Board is current.
- The school Principal always holds this position.
- They act on behalf of the President in their absence.
- Liaison with the school.
- Record notes/minutes at each PPAC meeting.
- Compile minutes for circulation.
- To "correspond" as necessary on behalf of PPAC.
Treasurer (Updated May 2005)
- Prepare and present the Treasurer’s report at the monthly PPAC meeting.
- Initiate the change of signing authority for bank accounts after the new council members have been elected.
- Prepare and submit annual reports to Alberta Corporate Societies (arrange audit of annual report)
- Prepare and sign cheques as required.
- Deposit monies from fundraising/special lunches on a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to Alberta Gaming as required.
- Attend all Key Communicator information evenings.
- Compile and share information at PPAC meetings.
Special Lunch Co-ordinator (Updated May 2005)
- Arrange special lunches (approximately one per month) for students.
- Ensure volunteers are in place for lunches.
- Secure finances with Treasurer.
- Make up order forms.
Fundraising Co-ordinator (Updated May 2005)
- Organize fundraising activities over the course of the school year.
- SUTP Coupon Books ~ Take orders and distribute in August/September.
(Re-order Books in Spring for the following school year)
- Family Hockey Night – Organize Hitmen tickets for purchase for students and their families in January/February.
- Ensure record keeping of all fundraising activities.
- Ensure finances are settled with Treasurer.
- Fundraising activities headed up by other committees.
- Family Fun Night ~ PPAC Committee
- Regal Catalogues Sales ~ School
- Hoodies/T-Shirts ~ PPAC Committee
- Special Lunches ~ PPAC Committee
- Casino ~ PPAC Committee
- Co-ordinate with President and Principal for PPAC or school activities.
- Works with Special Lunch Co-ordinator.
- Phone calls as needed to parents groups.
- If needed will work with classroom teachers for volunteers.
- Co-ordinate with Safeway staff for donations to Dr. Oakley School.
- Communicate with Casino Board to secure appropriate licensing for the 2004/2005 Casino.
- Ensure volunteers are in place.
- Ensure appropriate record keeping and financial settlement with Treasurer.
Hoodies & T-Shirt Sales
Family Fun Night