Hello Parents and Guardians,
Just a reminder of a couple important dates School Council & Parent Society:
- Our casino dates are November 1 & 2. If you are available for a shift or can
sign-up for the ‘spare’ list, please get a form from the office or email Tammy Johnston
- Our next council meeting/AGM is on Monday November 13, 2017 at 6:30
Casino and our fundraising efforts help enhance student programming and educational
opportunities that would not be possible with just our basic funding. This is why your
participation is so valuable. If you are unable to attend meetings, we can always use
daytime volunteers to help sort our fundraising orders like apples and Purdy’s Chocolates.
Vania Chivers (Council Secretary)
- Chair – Dave Clark
- Vice Chair – currently vacant
- Secretary – Vania C.
- Treasurer – Dan C.
- Casino Lead – Tammy J.
- Fund Raising Coordinator – currently vacant
- Riverbend Liason – Catina R.
- Banting & Best Liason – Heather H.
We meet at 6:30 in the Learning Commons.
We hope to see you there.
School Council Meeting Minutes
The fundraising initiatives are very important and allow us to offer significant program enhancements; student fundraising brings money directly back to the school to ensure that we can (and have) offer(ed) programs such as:
- Grade 9 Grad
- Grade 9 Heritage Park Celebrations
- Student Recognition/Awards
- Technology initiatives
- PE Equipment
- Athletic uniforms
- New equipment and supplies for complementary programs
- Picnic Tables
- New books for the library
Check back soon for a fundraising update!