Senator Patrick Burns School is located in the northwest with close proximity to the University of Calgary. We are pleased to provide the Spanish bilingual program for students in North Calgary in Grades 5 through 9. We also are pleased to house the National Sports Academy Hockey option for students in Grades 7, 8 and 9. Most of our students graduate from Senator Patrick Burns School to William Aberhart High School, although the National Sports Hockey Academy students may choose to continue their hockey program at Central Memorial High School. Students in the ISA Spanish Bilingual Program continue to William Aberhart High School.
At Senator Patrick Burns School we strive to create a dynamic, supportive and inclusive teaching and learning environment in which learning is a shared responsibility among students,parents,staff and community. Our school community provides a variety of lifelong learning experiences while promoting positive relationships and personal excellence. In pursuit of lifelong learning, our community believes learning occurs best when we:
- provide opportunities to develop positive relationships,
- take responsibility for our learning and learning environment,
- create a safe and positive learning environment,
- are actively engaged and challenged in our learning,
- connect learning to our lives,
- engage in the pursuit of inquiry and innovations through risk-taking,
- honour and address diversity,
- reflect on our own learning.
* Inclusion, as we understand it, is the provision of the least restrictive learning environment determined in consultation with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Caring and respectful relationships,
- Critical and independent thinking,
- Democratic ideals,
- Active Citizenship.
"Striving for Excellence". Our motto was selected through input and voting from students, staff, school council and parents.