Please consider downloading and reading the following important documents provided for you in PDF format:
EXPECTED PHYSICAL EDUCATION BEHAVIOR
- At no time should there be physical or emotional harassment in the school.
- Locker rooms can be very crowded areas and at no time should students harass others.
- Students are expected to respect others and their abilities in all activities.
- Students are expected to respect all equipment.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION GYM STRIP
- Black shorts and a red shirt are mandatory for class.
- Students must have running shoes for class, with laces done up tight. Flip flops, dress shoes and flat shoes are not appropriate or safe for gym.
- Students with inappropriate gym strip will be deducted marks. After three consecutive times a phone call home will be made to clarify the problem.
- All Physical Education gym strip will be identified as gym strip and labelled with name.
- In fall and spring Physical Education will be outside. All students are expected to provide appropriate clothing for activities outside. Sweat pants and a hoodie kept at school are strongly recommended.
- Locker room doors will be locked at all times.
- Do not keep valuables in the locker room.
- All items should be locked in tote boxes during P.ED classes
- A shoebox or a pillowcase is recommended to store your gym strip in your tote box to prevent theft.
- At no times should there be food or drinks in the locker room.
- Glass containers should not be taken into the locker room.
- Students are to notify their Physical Education teacher when their lock is missing.
- A replacement for a lost lock is $5.
- The school will not be responsible for items that go missing from the locker room.
- Students should be changed and ready for their Physical Education class within four minutes.
- Late students will be deducted marks.
- Alberta Education mandates all students be expected to participate in thirty minutes of physical activity daily. Activity can be modified due to an injury or if a student is not feeling well, in consultation with student, teacher and/or parent.