Clarence Sansom School offers interscholastic teams in the following areas:
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
The junior high school philosophy encourages high participation, and therefore, there is a gradual emphasis from low competition in Grade 7 to a more highly skilled and competitive competition at the Grade 9 level.
Clarence Sansom Sports Code of Ethics for Players, Coaches, and Spectators
"Whether I am a player, coach, or spectator at a school athletic function, I realize that I am under the school's jurisdiction.
Because my actions reflect on the school that I represent, I recognize my responsibility to exemplify the highest standards of conduct.
- Offer constructive support of my team, rather than criticize the opposition.
- Show appreciation of good plays by both teams.
- As a host, welcome the visitors as guests, offering all possible assistance.
- As a visitor, respect the property of the host school and accept the host school's regulations.
- Recognize the official's integrity, realizing the difficulty of their decision.
- Accept the official's decision as final.
- Respect the feelings of all participants and show sympathy for an injured or disqualified player.
- Learn the rules of the game.
- Accept either victory or defeat graciously, respecting efforts displayed by all. Express thanks to those responsible for the opportunity to enjoy a school sports activity.