Library Learning Commons
Welcome to the MidSun School
Ms. Mazur Teacher Librarian
Ms. Beamish Library Assistant
Library Learning Commons (LLC) Hours
The LLC is open at 8:30 a.m.
- Students are welcome to come in and get books, work on projects, homework, or even play games.
The LLC will be open most days at lunch.
- if it must be closed, an announcement will be made.
Monday through Thursday the LLC is open until 4:00pm. The library closes at 12:45pm on Fridays.
Exceptions to these hours include mornings where Ms. Mazur has admin meetings or is coaching Junior Boys Volleyball. As well, there may be days when the LLC is closed at lunch due to meetings or appointments.
What can I use this space for?
The LLC can be accessed by students for many different reasons:
- sign in/out books and read silently
- work independently
- group work & projects
- access to technology
- help with technology
- play educational games (during free time only)
- No food, drink or gum in the LLC.
- Students must follow appropriate digital citizenship.
- The behavioral norms when using technology.
- Digital citizenship is the rights and responsibilities one has when using the Internet and Web 2.0 technologies.
- There are nine elements of digital citizenship, which are summarized in the video below.
Digital Citizenship Video
- Students are not to be behind the circulation desk.
- Students must obey school behavioural expectations at all times.
Key Online Learning Resources:
- a central space where students can access various resources for learning
- here students can search for books both on the shelves of MidSun or within CBE
- access to learning resources provided by the government of Alberta
Username: LA06 Password: 4105
- access to online courses and resources to support student learning (an account may be required)