Student Council - The Senate
Welcome to another great year, brought to you by your student council!
Roles and Responsibilities of the Student Council
Roles of the Student Council
- To officially represent all the students in the school.
- To identify and help solve problems encountered by students in the school.
- To communicate its opinion to the school administration on any subject that concerns students and on which the council wishes to be consulted.
- To promote and encourage the involvement of students in organizing school activities.
Responsibilities of the Student Council
- To promote the interests of students among the school administration, staff and parents.
- To inform students about any subject that concerns them.
- To consult students on any issue of importance.
- To organize financial campaigns for school life and charitable activities.
- To organize educational and recreational activities for students.
- To participate in developing the school’s educational projects and to promote it to students.
- To organize an activity to recognize the efforts of students involved in organizing school activities.
- To propose activities to the school administration that would improve the quality of life in the school.
- To maintain good relations, out of mutual respect, with the school staff (the principal, teaching and non-teaching personnel) and parents.
- To have fun!
Roles of the Members of the Student Council
President of the Council (High School)
- To act as official spokesperson for the council in its relations with the students and the school administration.
- To call meetings of the council and to prepare the agendas.
- To chair the meetings of the council.
- To supervise the tasks of the council members.
- To take part in all special committees formed by the council or send a representative to such committees.
- To represent the students on official occasions.
Executive Vice President of the Council (1 Senior High & 1 Junior High)
- To advise and assist the President.
- To coordinate the work of non-elected students involved in the organization of school activities: newspaper, environment, school dances, etc.
- To replace the president when he or she cannot be present.
VP of Administration (Jr. High School)
- To write up the minutes of every council meeting.
- To publish and distribute all the documents necessary for meetings.
- To write and classify the correspondence of the council.
VP Finance (High School)
- To keep accounts up to date.
- To make purchases.
- To provide full information about the council’s finances whenever the council wishes to see it.
VP Communication (High School)
- To advertise upcoming events and activities to the student body.
- To work along side the VP Administration to facilitate communication between the student council, school staff and the parent council.
- To bring information collected from students, parents and teaching staff to the attention of the student council.
Grade Representatives (open membership)
- To communicate the ideas and needs of specific Grades to the student council.
- To communicate the student council activities and actions to their designated grades.
- To aid in the organization of educational and recreational activities proposed by the council.
- To act as consultants to the student council on matters that affect the grade they represent.