Welcome to another great year, brought to you by your student council!
Any questions please direct to Mr. Mills in Room 208, or email
Roles and Responsibilities of the Student Council
Roles of the Student Council
- To officially represent all the students in the school.
- To identify and help solve problems encountered by students in the school.
- To communicate its opinion to the school administration on any subject that concerns students and on which the council wishes to be consulted.
- To promote and encourage the involvement of students in organizing school activities.
Responsibilities of the Student Council
- To promote the interests of students among the school administration, staff and parents.
- To inform students about any subject that concerns them.
- To consult students on any issue of importance.
- To organize financial campaigns for school life and charitable activities.
- To organize educational and recreational activities for students.
- To participate in developing the school’s educational projects and to promote it to students.
- To organize an activity to recognize the efforts of students involved in organizing school activities.
- To propose activities to the school administration that would improve the quality of life in the school.
- To maintain good relations, out of mutual respect, with the school staff (the principal, teaching and non-teaching personnel) and parents.
- To have fun!
Roles of the Members of the Student Council
President of the Council (High School)
- To act as official spokesperson for the council in its relations with the students and the school administration.
- To call meetings of the council and to prepare the agendas.
- To chair the meetings of the council.
- To supervise the tasks of the council members.
- To take part in all special committees formed by the council or send a representative to such committees.
- To represent the students on official occasions.
Executive Vice President of the Council (1 Senior High & 1 Junior High)
- To advise and assist the President.
- To coordinate the work of non-elected students involved in the organization of school activities: newspaper, environment, school dances, etc.
- To replace the president when he or she cannot be present.
VP of Administration (Jr. High School)
- To write up the minutes of every council meeting.
- To publish and distribute all the documents necessary for meetings.
- To write and classify the correspondence of the council.
VP Finance (High School)
- To keep accounts up to date.
- To make purchases.
- To provide full information about the council’s finances whenever the council wishes to see it.
VP Communication (High School)
- To advertise upcoming events and activities to the student body.
- To work along side the VP Administration to facilitate communication between the student council, school staff and the parent council.
- To bring information collected from students, parents and teaching staff to the attention of the student council.
Grade Representatives (open membership)
- To communicate the ideas and needs of specific Grades to the student council.
- To communicate the student council activities and actions to their designated grades.
- To aid in the organization of educational and recreational activities proposed by the council.
- To act as consultants to the student council on matters that affect the grade they represent.