Students will now use Gmail for their student email accounts. Gmail is a widely used email service that allows students to work in an environment that is safe, collaborative and engaging. Gmail is part of the Google Apps for Education suite (GAFE)
There are a few easy steps to get started:
- To learn more about the new google email go to: http://www.cbe.ab.ca/learninginnovation/learningtech-googlegmail-project.asp
- To re-set your password go to: https://publicapps.cbe.ab.ca/PasswordReset/Account/LogOn?mode=student
- To set your new password you must know your user name, not your CBE id number( for example johnd1)
- The new domain for gmail is @educbe.ca.
- The old domain for cbe student mail was @cbemail.ca
- The first part remains the same (eg. johnd1)
- Set your password, ensuring that you meet the standard
- Once you have successfully reset your password, you are now ready to log on to gmail
- Go to www.google.ca
- Log on using the username and correct domain (email@example.com) and the new password
- Select mail and you are ready to access the new email account.
- The old cbe student email will close on September 30, 2013 and you need to move any important messages or information that stored on this account.
- Go to https://www.cbemail.ca/horde/imp/
- Log on using your student id and your new password
- BE SURE THAT ALL IMPORTANT EMAIL MESSAGES have been forwarded to your new student gmail account or to another email that you regularly use. These messages will no longer be available once the accounts are closed after September 30th.