CBE Inter-School Mail – Mon/Wed/Fri Next Week Tues/Thurs
Please ensure items are in the Mailroom by 12:00 noon
May 29, 2017
Cafeteria Supervision S. Bouchard, C. Goodwin
· Indigenous Students are welcome to lunch in the Conference Room this Wednesday, May 31. Please join us for our last luncheon of the year to wish everyone good luck on exams and a great summer.
· Honour Society Members
Please pick up your certificates in the next week. They will be handed out in the main office (or just outside) during lunch time or after school.
· IB Transcript Requests
If you wrote IB exams this year and you have narrowed down your choices to three universities or less, please fill out an official IB transcript request form (available in the main office). These are due before classes are over in June.
· Math Contest Awards: Congratulations! Many of you have earned awards and certificates for the various Math Contests written throughout the year. Invitations have been issued through your teachers. If your name is on the list outside the office and room 105, but you do not receive your invitation this week, please see Madame Delisle. Thank you
· IBM STEM4Girls Teen Tech Club
IBM will be hosting an immersive 9-week long program for teen girls entering grades 10 and 11 to create projects (i.e. an app or website) in teams to learn coding, tech entrepreneurship skills, and build confidence. The final projects will be presented to a panel of Dragons and will be given the opportunity to exhibit their projects at Calgary's Beakerhead Tech Showcase. Tuesday evenings from 6-9 pm in summer (July 4th - August 29th) at the IBM Innovation Space, 2540 Kensington Road NW. Participating in the club is free. Registration is limited. For information on the IBM STEM4Girls initiatives, please contact Nicole at email@example.com. To apply to the Teen Tech Club by May 28th, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfNLsTXxX2aIun7vGH0FltyLHQNyjUqgr2pECNhNoH5_LM7g/viewform?c=0&w=1
· Summer Applied Science Advancement Program at UBC for grade 10 to 12 students. Four distinct, week-long streams are offered between July 16th – August 12th.
Students will get to stay in first year UBC residence throughout the week. During the day they will explore cutting edge innovations and concepts in the STEM field through hands on projects, discussions and lectures. They will learn from top UBC graduate and Undergraduate students both in laboratory, classroom and real world settings. In the evening they will get the chance to explore campus and Vancouver. Students will experience what it's like to live and learn at UBC.
1. Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering
3. Civil Engineering and Environmental Urban Design
To learn more go to guidance office or view www.geeringup.ca/highschool/a-s-a-p
· Ride the Rockies! Scholarships Available!
Ride the Rockies is a 5 day bike trip for 14-17 year olds, July 24-28th, from Banff to Calgary, to learn about water issues, while making a video to educate others on the importance of caring for our water. The trip will be led by Two Wheel View ( http://www.twowheelview.org ). All equipment will be provided (bikes, bags). Food and accommodation is included in the cost. More information can be found by visiting CAWST Wavemakers at https://www.cawst.org/wavemakers/youth/ridetherockies Scholarships available!
· Remember that there are some new and amazing SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES for all grades (mostly Grade12) now available at Education Matters. Please go to their website to see the money that is available for you there. (www.educationmatters.ca). There are deadlines of May 1st and May 31st depending on the award. Remember that if you need references teachers or bosses/mentors require your request well in advance of the deadlines. There a number of new opportunities for you to explore on this outstanding website.