CBE Inter-School Mail – Mon & Thurs Next Week Tues& Fri
Please ensure items are in the Mailroom by 12:00 noon
November 20, 2017
Cafeteria Supervision D. Boake, V. Hollowell
Library Supervision M. Van Geel
· All grade 12 students (and parents and guardians) who have a diagnosis and an IPP and who will be seeking accommodations at post-secondary school are cordially invited to attend the, “Transition to Post-Secondary” information session on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. in Area IV of the library. Even if you are considering a gap-year, this would be a valuable session to attend. This session is presented by Corinne Cadre, Learning Strategist.
Please RSVP Ms. Cadre at email@example.com
· Cafeteria Closure: Students please note the cafeteria will be CLOSED Tuesday morning form 8:15am to 10:30 am. Thank you
· Healthy Relationships & Stronger Families: A Presentation for Parents, Children, & Youth ages 6 to 18; December 2, 2017, 1:30 to 3:30 pm, at 1000 Voices, Genesis Centre; #10, 7555 Falconridge Blvd. NE
· Men in Nursing Info Session: Wed, Nov 22nd, 6:30-7:30pm at the UofC. The Faculty of Nursing is holding an information session for men on the career of registered nursing and our undergraduate program. A panel of male registered nurses and current students will fill you in on what they have learned as men in this respected profession. Visit https://nursing.ucalgary.ca/mennursing2017 for more information and to register.
· Reminder: Shad application deadline: November 20th. https://www.shad.ca/apply Students attend a month-long summer program, in-residence at a Canadian university, with lectures, workshops, projects, and activities focused on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math). Successful applicants will be top academic performers and well-rounded emerging leaders demonstrating initiative, creativity and flair.
· STEM Fellowship: Research Internship Program: Conduct cutting-edge research in a state-of-the-art UofC lab during Spring Break. Explore areas of research including: disease prevention, stem cells, biomechanics, climate change, brain stimulation, or nanotechnology. The application consists of three short answer questions and submission of a transcript and letter of reference from someone who can speak about you as a learner and a person. Visit www.stemfellowship.org/calgary-internships for more information. Application deadline: January 22nd 2018.
· Future Accounting Career? On Thurs, Nov 30th WCHS will host CPA Career Connections from 6:30 to 8:30 pm for students and their parents to explore Business & Accounting careers and post-secondary programs. The evening will feature a panel of Chartered Professional Accountants who will speak about their diverse career paths and answer questions. The event is also attended by Alberta post-secondary institutions who will be available to answer questions about their business and accounting programs. Register at: www.cpaalberta.ca/careerconnections
· Volunteer Opportunity: Telus Spark is looking for volunteers for the upcoming, Whales: Giants of the Deep exhibit assist the education team to facilitate programming and interact with guests. Confident, friendly, customer service skills required. Commitment: two 4 hour shifts per month from January to June 2018. Interviews will take place the evenings of November 21 and December 7 and mandatory training will take place January 13, 10am-4pm. http://www.sparkscience.ca/support/volunteer/ to apply, position description: Under the Sea Expert
· Upcoming Post-Secondary Presentations:
Mount Allison: Tuesday, Nov 21st after school at 3:45pm in Library Area 1