By Russell M., Digital Media
Our Student Services team is here to support and assist students in their learning within the Ernest Manning community.
Counsellors offer the following:
- Personal/Social Counselling - Short term counselling on personal concerns which may be affecting learning, social, and family life.
- Educational counselling – working with students/families on understanding their educational goals and how to attain these goals.
- Working with students/families to select courses which support their goals.
- Meeting with students/ families as they transition into and out of our school.
- Providing information on what is required to graduate as well as what courses may be needed for their post-secondary goals.
- Providing individual support with a student experiencing learning difficulties
- Career Counselling - We work alongside students/families on providing information to explore career paths.
- Collaborating with our career practitioner who is available to students in the Career Centre.
- Providing information and contact information regarding post-secondary institutions
- Exploring potential career pathways including occupations and educational training/resources
- Referrals and Consulting – At times we consult and/or refer a student and their family to an outside agency. At times parents have asked about topics such as alternative course delivery, mental health issues, and communication with students.
Some Community Resources
- Your Family Doctor/ Hospital Access Mental Health 403- 943-1500
- Eastside Family Centre (Free walk-in single session counselling) 403-299-9696
- Calgary Counselling Centre 403-265-4980
- Health Link 403- 943-5465
- Distress Centre Calgary 403-266-4357
How to Contact Your Counsellor
Students are assigned to counsellors according to their last name.
Phone: 403-249-3131, ext. 1510 to book an appointment
Students are asked to come into Student Services to book an appointment to see their counsellor. Signup sheets for appointments are in front of the secretary in Student Services. There will be some opportunity for drop in appointments.
Monday-Thursday: 8:30AM - 4:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM - 1:30PM
Phone: 403-249-3131 ext. 1510 to book an appointment.