Weekly Scholarship meetings are held on Wednesday at lunch in Room 1400.
All students are invited to attend.
Students should begin preparing to apply for Scholarships/Bursaries beginning in Grade 10. All EM students should develop a Scholarship Resume (a Brag Sheet) starting in Grade 10 and continue to add to it all the way through High School. See the Career Practitioner in Room 1400 to get assistance with your Scholarship Resume.
Purpose of a Scholarship Resume
The purpose of a Scholarship Resume is to highlight you and your accomplishments. It should enable you to present yourself in the best possible way to your references, the scholarship committee, to administration for nomination purposes.
Letters of Reference
Students should present a copy of their Scholarship Resume and Scholarship/Bursary criteria to those they are seeking letters of reference from. This will enable those writing the letters to customize and specifically address the criteria of the award students are applying for.
Looking for Scholarships/Bursaries check out the following:
- Ask your parents/guardians to check their place of employment, unions, professional designations/associations, etc.
- Post-Secondary School websites you are planning to attend. Typically you cannot access these sites until you apply to the school first.
- www.scholarshipscanada.com (create a profile)
- www.studentawards.com (create a profile)
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship forms are available in late March from Room 1400. PLEASE NOTE students only apply in Grade 12. This award covers all three grades 10, 11 and 12.
Students seeking financial aid go to www.alis.alberta.ca/studentsfinance . Students seeking financial aid should apply early to allow time for processing and possible appeals to have it reviewed. Forms are available online beginning in June.
Students are encouraged to listen to morning announcements for current Scholarships/Bursaries and to check out D2L under Career Centre for additional Scholarship/Bursary information.
Weekly Scholarship meetings are held on Wednesday at lunch in Room 1400 beginning September 24th.