Welcome to Lord Beaverbrook High School
Lord Beaverbrook High School Information Session
Parents and students are invited to an information session to learn about the changes that are expected at Lord Beaverbrook High School for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 school years.
Information on the following topics will be presented:
- The school enrolment projections and designation changes as a result of Joane Cardinal-Schubert High School opening in September 2018.
- Changes that have been made to feeder schools’ (David Thompson, Nickle and R.T. Alderman) programs and designation areas.
- Changes or possible impacts to programming as a result of the enrolment changes and the completion of the LBHS modernization.
- Transition of Chinook Learning High School Upgrading courses to LBHS in September.
Date | Mar. 1, 2018
Time | 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Location | Lord Beaverbrook High School, 9019 Fairmount Dr. SE
Check out the LBHS FAQ to find answers to some of your questions in advance of the information session
Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) and Skilled Trades Fairs
Junior and senior high students are invited to participate in a RAP and Skilled Trade Fair presented by CAREERS: The Next Generation in collaboration with the Calgary Board of Education and other partners.
These FREE EVENTS will introduce students to various industries and career opportunities they might not know about. Students will be inspired and motivated to take steps toward high school internship opportunities with RAP.
All events will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the following dates:
- South Calgary - Wednesday February 21, 2018 at Lord Beaverbrook High School
- North Calgary - Wednesday March 7, 2018 at James Fowler High School
- East Calgary - Tuesday March 20, 2018 at Father Lacombe High School
All students are welcome!
For more information visit: http://conta.cc/2rcT6hS.
Open House - February 22, 2017 * New Date
Learn about all the amazing program and choices LBHS has to offer.
For more information, view the invitation (pdf)
Lord Beaverbrook High School – future FAQ’s (pdfs)
Transportation for LBHS Students in 2018-19
- Lord Beaverbrook will maintain school express service with Calgary Transit in the 2018-19 school year for the Grade 12 students who are in the Joane Cardinal-Schubert attendance area. The service (number of buses per route) will be 1/3 compared to the 2017-18 school year. This means the routes will still exist to current communities, just with less buses that use the same route.
- Students in grade 10 or 11 who live in the Joane Cardinal-Schubert attendance area, and who choose to attend Lord Beaverbrook High School would be “out of attendance area” students. As such these students can utilize the existing service, but CBE is unable to guarantee an level of service. As out of attendance area students, transportation becomes the families' responsibility.
Student Success – Learning Lounge
Sessions and tutoring for students in January:
Planning for 2018-19 (all students)
Important communication for students, parents, guardians:
Don't Miss Out on School Messages
Parents/guardians: Due to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), if you want to keep receiving electronic messages from our school on commercial topics such as student fees and field trip costs, you need to subscribe online.
In addition, if you want to receive any text messages from our school, you need to opt-in by texting the word YES to the six-digit number 724665.
There is no extra cost to receive SMS messages from the CBE, but standard message rates and data charges from your carrier apply when you receive messages from us. Check with your carrier if you have questions about your plan and costs.