Lord Beaverbrook High School is an excellent school to choose for your English Language Learning experience! We have a caring staff and our ELL department provides great support for our English Language Learners.
Some benefits of choosing Lord Beaverbrook High School:
- We have an International Students Club which organizes local outings. All International students are automatically members of this club. This provides students with opportunities to interact with other students from our school in a fun and relaxing environment. We provide off-campus trips to Banff and Drumheller for International Students. We also organize a winter ski school at a local ski hill. This year we will be offering a 5 day trip to Toronto and Niagara Falls during spring break.
- We have a Learning Commons with easily accessed computer lab sections, both Mac and PC. The school is fully networked with Wi-Fi. We will be offering a Learning Resources Centre which will provide personalized learning support to students. The ELL department also offers weekly tutorials.
- We have numerous teams and clubs that provide extra-curricular activities. The following is a partial list of girls’ and boys’ sports teams: track and field, swimming, cross-country, soccer (football), American football, volleyball, basketball, badminton, rugby. Some of our clubs are: Volunteer club, Babbling Brook magazine, yearbook, chess.
- We are across the street from the new world-class Osten and Victor Alberta Tennis Centre. We are adjacent to the Acadia Swimming Pool and the Acadia Recreation Centre.
- We have an extensive selection of Career and Technology programs, as well as the Registered Apprenticeship Program and Work Experience Program. We also have a Career Practitioner who can advise students on post-secondary institutions and career pathways.
- Lord Beaverbrook will undergo an extensive modernization in the next two years to upgrade labs and facilities. The school will have fully upgraded areas in cosmetology, culinary, sports medicine, robotics, pre-engineering, welding, automotives, heavy machinery, autobody, and construction.
For more information and registration, please visit the CBE International.
- Myles Olsen
- Marjo Asselbergs
- Julia Wowkodaw
ELL / Second Languages Learning Leader