PE Survey 2015/16
Why Should You Exercise
Physical activity will help you look and feel better. Your skin, hair, posture and muscle tone all will improve. You’ll be stronger and you’ll have more energy. Activity also helps you avoid depression, stress and boredom. You’ll be more alert mentally. Thinking more clearly can even help your grades. And, being active is fun!
Just 30 Minutes a Day
Experts say just 30 minutes of activity on most days will help you stay healthier. Adding exercise into your life may be easier than you think. You can break up the 30 minutes into shorter chunks. Just make sure you exercise for at least 10 minutes at a time and get your heart rate up. Work out hard enough that you lightly sweat and your heart beats faster, but not so hard that you can’t talk while exercising.
How Can You Find the Time to Exercise?
Make activity part of your daily life:
- Instead of getting a ride or taking the bus, walk or ride your bike to school, work or the mall.
- When you’re hanging out with friends, play Frisbees or basketball.
- On a date? Try going dancing instead of going to a movie.
- Turn off the TV, video games or computer for the afternoon. Do something active instead.
- Join a team at school or check out your local parks and recreation leagues.
- Do something fun! Hike, surf, skateboard.
- Hanging out at the beach or pool? Jump in and take a swim.
More Useful Information about health
Read this article for useful information on how to read food labels: Food Labels Decoded
Read about artificial sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners tied to obesity