Buy Your Graduation Banquet Tickets
Friday, May 31, 2019
Participation in Graduation Ceremonies requires students to: meet the Alberta Education requirements for a High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Achievement; be a student in good standing according to the school’s code of conduct; pay the required graduation fee. Individual cases will be considered on their own merits. The first grad list of the year listing all students who have met the above requirements will be posted on April 3, 2019 outside of guidance. Students who expect to graduate this year but are not on this list should see guidance immediately. The final grad list for 2019 will be posted May 3rd.
Participation in Graduation Banquet
Students not meeting expectations for participation in the graduation ceremony may be permitted to attend the graduation banquet at the discretion of Administration. If this applies to you, please contact your administrator.
2019 Graduation Theme
Shooting for the Stars from the song High Hopes by Panic at the Disco
Lord Beaverbrook Class of 2019 Valedictorian
Class Valedictorian is an academic title conferred upon the student who delivers the closing or farewell statement at a graduation ceremony (called a valedictory). The selected valedictorian is chosen by a panel of peers and teachers according to competitive LBHS Valedictorian criteria. Those graduands who are interested in being considered should visit and/or email Mr. Coninx in March to determine eligibility.
Graduation Portraits: January 25, 2019 – February 5, 2019
Class of 2019, the Lifetouch Grad Portraits website will be available for you to book your sitting! Lifetouch will be at LBHS to take your grad portraits by appointment only which you must book in advance ONLINE. If you miss booking your sitting at the school, you can book them at the Lifetouch studio location to ensure they are included in the Yearbook as well as in the school wall composite. Keep watching THIS WEBSITE for details!
Ceremony and Banquet – Friday May 31, 2019 starting at 9:00 AM
Location: The Stampede Corral at Stampede Park
10 Corral Trail SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 2W1
The parking fee is $15.00 per single entry or $20.00 for re-entry privileges on the same day. Those families that are planning to attend the ceremonies and the banquet are advised to ask for the re-entry ticket. Tell the parking lot attendant at the booth that you would like re-entry privileges for the banquet later in the day. Please refer to the Stampede Park website for specific directions and map.
Leave home early. You will be driving through rush hour traffic across the city. You cannot be late! Make sure you have your gown with you.
8:00 AM Suggested arrival time if you want to take pictures before the ceremonies, bring your gown.
8:15 AM GRADUATES line up alphabetically in the designated area. Family, friends and guest seating opens.
9:00 AM Processional begins promptly at 9:00 AM
11:30 AM Approximate ending time for the ceremonies.
- For the ceremonies, students will be wearing black graduation gowns with a grey and white stole.
- Appropriate dress to consider under the gown may be: dress shoes that are comfortable and stable since you will be walking up a ramp platform and down stairs, dress pants or a skirt and a shirt or blouse preferably a plain colour. Jackets are not recommended, as you may be too warm.
- Do not bring purses, bags or any other item that you need to carry.
- Grad Gown Pickup: Concerns? Email or see Mr Coninx
- Students must sign out their gowns before grad at the school on May 28th from 9:00-3:00 in the Pitt.
- Students must sign out their gowns before grad at the school location on the sign out date (TBA).
- You MUST bring your school photo ID card when you pick up your gown.
- You are responsible for the care and the return of the gown that you are issued.
- The gown must be returned immediately after the ceremonies have concluded.
Grad Gown Return: Immediately following the ceremonies at the Corral.
Graduation Ceremony Pictures
Since students will pick up their gowns days before the ceremonies, we encourage you to take pictures prior to the ceremonies, at home or at the Stampede Corral. As stated above, gowns must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremonies.
During the ceremonies, a professional photographer from Lifetouch will take a picture of each graduate as they receive their certificate from Mr. Whitbread. Each graduate will receive a complimentary copy of this picture.
Therefore, we ask that the audience remain in their seats during this process and do not come to the front to take pictures.
- Friends and family are invited, although small children may find the event too long as the proceedings will last almost 3 hours. There is no charge to attend this event, no guest limit and no tickets needed to be booked in advance.
- Doors will open at 8:15 AM for seating.
- Students will be seated on the Corral floor while the guests will be seated in the stand spectator area around the arena.
- Please turn off all cell phones, pagers and electronic devices once you enter the seating area.
- The ceremonies will end at approximately 11:30 AM
- Guests are asked to remain in your seats for the duration of the ceremonies to participate in the celebration of the grad class as a whole. Please do not leave the seating area until the entire ceremony is completed.
Thursday May 30 period 4 (the period right after lunch). Report to your period 4 teacher and they will escort you to the line-up location.
All students with spare in period 4 should report directly to the front foyer and teachers will direct you to the correct location by your last name alpha.
There will be a rehearsal for graduates in preparation for the graduation ceremonies to go over common problems and questions. Please ask your son or daughter for the details shared at the rehearsal, as it is his/her responsibility to attend this assembly and keep you informed.
For those students on spare, ensure you are there!
Graduation BANQUET and DANCE
Friday May 31, 2019 at the BMO Center, Stampede Grounds at 5:00 PM
Ticket Sales online start April 3, 2019. Last day to purchase Banquet tickets is May 2nd midnight.
To cancel a banquet ticket you must email Ms Silkin (email@example.com) no later than Monday May 6th.
Attendance at the banquet is not mandatory and therefore not covered by the graduation school fee. The banquet is offered to graduates and their families as a school sponsored celebration in keeping with a long standing graduation tradition at Lord Beaverbrook High School. It is important to note that there is no re-admittance during this event. Therefor it may not be appropriate for everyone.
There are two ticket options available to graduates and their families.
Option one: : Graduation Banquet, Historian Presentation and Dance ticket.
Buy Your Graduation Banquet Tickets
Graduates and their families may choose to purchase tickets to attend the banquet, Historian presentation and dance. This is the full evening option. Tickets for this full evening are $93.00 plus GST.
Graduation Banquet Tickets will be on sale through a convenient online sales system accepting credit cards and interact online. Students who prefer to pay for their tickets in cash (no cheques will be accepted) are asked to pay at the business office at LBHS and then bring your receipt to Ms. Silkin in room 295 at lunch in order to place your ticket orders. Students may purchase as many tickets as they wish.
Entrance to the banquet will only be permitted to holders of the school issued banquet ticket. To pick up your banquet tickets, bring your student ID and sales receipt to room 295 on May 29th from 3:40 – 4:45. If you are unavailable during this pick up time, email Ms Silkin to make arrangements to pick up your tickets on May 30th. Tickets can only be picked up by the student who is the registered ticket purchaser printed on the receipt.
Option two: Historian Presentation and Dance Only tickets
Graduates and their families may choose to purchase tickets for the Historian presentation and dance only portion of the evening. This option is $33.00 per ticket inclusive of GST. Cash only is accepted. No cheques.
For those graduates and family members who wish to participate only in the Historian Presentation and dance portion of the evening, Historian & Dance Only tickets will be available for purchase in room 293, on May 8, 10 and 13 at lunch in room 293. Tickets are $33.00 each. These tickets are limited (250 tickets available) and usually are sold out quickly.
Guests purchasing this option will be admitted to the banquet hall once all tables have been cleared at 8:00 PM Seating and fountain drinks are included in your ticket price.
BMO Centre, Stampede Park
1410 Olympic Way S.E., Calgary
The parking fee is $15.00 per single entry or $20.00 for re-entry privileges on the same day. The re-entry option must be purchased at the booth when you first enter the park in the morning. Please refer to the Stampede Park website for more information.
General Banquet and Dance Information
- The dress code is formal/semi-formal. This means a jacket and tie is appropriate. Please inform your guests of the dress code as a courtesy.
- The graduation banquet is a school sponsored event. All coats, purses and bags will be checked by BMO security before they are allowed to enter the banquet area.
- Arrive before 5:30 PM for the reception.
- Bring your ticket for entry to the event.
- Meet your party in the banquet hall, not outside.
- All tables are reserved at time of purchase. All tickets are labelled with a seat number and table number which match the assigned place settings. No place will settings be added to tables in order to comply with fire code regulation at the BMO
- The banquet proceedings begin at 6:00 PM.
- If guests leave the banquet hall you will not be permitted to return. There will be no in and out privileges.
- Dancing will be available until 11:00 PM.
- The Stampede Corral is a smoke-free environment.
The event is a school-sponsored function; therefore alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted in the banquet hall.