Graduation 2017 Information
2017 Graduation Theme: On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
Purchase your grad banquet tickets here: https://lordbeaverbrook.inviteright.com/gradbanquet2017
Class of 2017, the Lifetouch Grad Portraits website is available for you to book your sitting! Lifetouch will be at LBHS from January 18th - February 7th to take your grad portraits. If you miss them at the school, you only have until March 1st to get them taken at the Lifetouch studio if you want to be included in the Yearbook / Wall Composite. Don’t delay, book today!
Hey Grade 12s, your Yearbook quotes are due February 1st ! Use this form to add your favourite quote or memory to the Yearbook. Remember the 140 character limit. Students who do not submit a quote will have one chosen for them.
CEREMONIES and Banquet – Thursday June 1st, 2017 at 9:00 AM
Location: The Stampede Corral at Stampede Park
10 Corral Trail SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 2W1
The parking fee is $15.00 per single entry or $20.00 for re-entry privileges on the same day. Tell the parking lot attendant at the booth that you would like re-entry privileges for the banquet later in the day. Please refer to the Stampede Park website (http://venues.calgarystampede.com/attending/maps-directions.html) or print off a map here
Leave home early. You will be driving through rush hour traffic across the city. You cannot be late! Make sure you have your gown with you.
8:00 a.m. Suggested time if you want to take pictures before the ceremonies, bring your gown
8:15 a.m. GRADUATES line up in alphabetical order in the designated area. Guest seating opens.
9:00 a.m. Processional begins
11:30 a.m. Approximate ending time for the ceremonies.
Valedictorian: Danial Shikaze
Valedictorian is an academic title conferred upon the student who delivers the closing or farewell statement at a graduation ceremony (called a valedictory). The selected valedictorian is chosen by peers and teachers according to competitive LBHS Valedictorian criteria.
- For the ceremonies, students will be wearing black grad gowns with a grey and white stole.
- Gentlemen should wear dress pants, dress shoes and a shirt, preferably a plain colour. Jackets are not recommended as you may be too warm.
- Ladies should wear a dress or skirt/blouse or dress pants/blouse. Wear comfortable shoes with low heels since you will be walking up a ramp and down stairs. Do not bring purses or any other item that you need to carry.
- Grad Gown Pickup: May 29 in the LBHS pitt area all day and May 30 am only. Concerns? Email or see Mr Coninx or Mr Partington.
- Students must sign out their gowns before grad.
- You MUST bring your school photo ID card when you pick up your gown.
- You are responsible for the care and the return of the gown that you are issued.
- The gown must be returned immediately after the ceremonies have concluded.
Grad Gown Return: Thursday June 1, 2017 immediately following the ceremonies at the Corral.
Since students will pick up their gowns days before the ceremonies, we encourage you to take pictures prior to the ceremonies, at home or at the Stampede Corral. As stated above, gowns must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremonies.
During the ceremonies, a professional photographer from Lifetouch will take a picture of each graduate as they receive their certificate from Mr. Simpson or Mr. Radder. Each graduate will receive a complimentary copy of this picture.
Therefore, we ask that the audience remain in their seats during this process and do not come to the front to take pictures.
- The entire family is invited, although small children may find the event too long as the proceedings will last almost 3 hours. There is no charge to attend this event, no guest limit and no tickets needed to be booked in advance.
- Doors will open at 8:15 a.m. for seating.
- Students will be seated on the Corral floor while the guests will be seated in the stand area around the arena.
- Please turn off all cell phones, pagers and electronic devices once you enter the seating area.
- The ceremonies will end at approximately 11:30 a.m.
- Guests are asked to remain in your seats for the duration of the ceremonies to participate in the celebration of the grad class as a whole. Please do not leave the seating area until the entire ceremony is completed.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 during period 3, right after lunch
There will be a rehearsal for the ceremonies preceding Grad to go over common problems and questions. Please ask your son or daughter for the details shared at the rehearsal, as it is his/her responsibility to attend this assembly and keep you informed.
For those students on spare, ensure you are there!
Graduation BANQUET and DANCE – Thursday June 1, 2017 at the BMO Center, Stampede Grounds at 5:30 PM
Tickets are expect to be in the $90.00 price range. ONE SALE April 18-May 16 online only
Graduation Banquet Tickets - will be on sale through a convenient online sales system accepting credit cards and interact online. Students who prefer to pay for their tickets in cash (no cheques will be accepted) are asked to pay at the business office at LBHS and then bring your receipt to Ms. Silkin at lunch in order to place you ticket orders. Students may purchase as many tickets as they wish. The tickets will be available to students who are in grade 12 and welcomed on the LBHS campus. Remember to PRINT your receipt.
Entrance to the banquet will only be permitted to holders of the school issued banquet ticket. To pick up your banquet tickets, bring your student ID and sales receipt to room 212, May 29 or 30 from 3:30- 5:00. Tickets can only be picked up by the student who is the registered ticket purchaser printed on the receipt.
Last day for refunds is final May 17. Please email email@example.com by this date to ensure that you receive a refund.
Banquet Historian Presentation and Dance Only tickets
For those graduates and family member who wish to participate only in the Historian Presentation and Dance portion of the evening, Historian & Dance Only tickets will be availablefor purchase in room 212, May 15 and May 16 during the lunch break. Tickets are $30.00 each.
Guests purchasing this option will be admitted in the banquet hall at 8:00. Seating and pop drinks are provided in your ticket price.
BMO Centre, Stampede Park
1410 Olympic Way S.E., Calgary
The parking fee is $15.00 per single entry or $20.00 for re-entry privileges on the same day. The re-entry option must be purchased at the booth when you first enter the park in the morning. Please refer to the Stampede Park website for more information.
- The dress code is formal/semi-formal. This means jacket and tie is appropriate. No jeans or casual wear are acceptable. You must inform your guests of the dress code as security could refuse admittance.
- The graduation banquet is a school sponsored event. All coats, purses and bags will be checked by BMO security before they are allowed to enter the banquet area.
- Arrive before 5:30 pm for the reception.
- Bring your ticket for entry to the event.
- Meet your party in the banquet hall, not outside.
- All tables are reserved at time of purchase. All tickets are labelled with a seat number and table number which match the assigned place settings. No place settings will be added to tables in order to comply with fire code regulation at the BMO.
- The banquet proceedings begin at 6:00 pm.
- If guests leave the banquet hall you will not be permitted to return. There will be no in and out privileges.
- Dancing will be available until 11:00 pm.
- The Stampede Corral is a smoke-free environment.
- The event is a school-sponsored function; therefore alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted in the banquet hall.