CBE information CBE mainpage Interactive Map Student Results System Libraries School Profile Why choose CBE? Site Map Contact Us Search RSS Feed CBE FAQs



Monday to Thursday: 7:45 AM to 3:30 PM
Friday: 7:45 AM to 1:45 PM


Students and parents are aware that most school costs are provided for by the Calgary Board of Education, but may not be aware that two very important aspects of high school education are not included in this budget allocation.

  1. Textbooks and Instructional Materials

    The Instructional Supplies and Materials Fee (ISM) was established by the Calgary Board of Education for all schools in 1962 to free parents and students from the financial burden of making annual purchases of texts required for senior high school courses. Under the Instructional Resource Fund, students are given access to texts and workbooks, which are required for the courses in which they enrol.

    We believe that this plan offers excellent value to all high school students and their parents. The texts required for high school courses are generally expensive, especially those for science and technical subjects. In some cases, individual new texts can cost more than half as much as the entire annual fee. Some courses, notably courses in English and Social Studies, require the use of a mullitude of texts and reference materials. In some subjects, the student receives large quantities of materials that have been prepared and printed by the school using supplies paid for from the Instructional Resource Fund. It is anticipated, therefore, that parents and students will give this excellent plan their full support.

  2. Activity/Program Fees

    Activity and/or Program Fees are additional costs to cover off-campus activity costs or material costs for pupils beyond core curriculum. Off-campus activity charges are required in physical education to pay facility rental charges for activities such as canoeing, swimming, sailing, golf, etc. Program fees may be required for material costs, where students in a class choose a project they will be taking home.


Student parking on school property is available on a limited basis.  All student vehicles parked on school property must display a current Sir Winston Churchill High School parking permit.  Permits will be available in early September at a cost of $40 for the year.  Students must apply online during school opening.  Parking priority will be given to grade 12 student applications.  Students who park on school property without a permit will be ticketed and/or towed by the Calgary Parking Authority.

Students are not to park in local mall parking lots.

Lost and Found

Students are advised not to leave valuables or money in their lockers, PE change rooms, or any place where they are not fully secured.  We recommend that you leave valuables at home.  All lost and found articles are to be turned into the business office.  Unclaimed items are disposed of in a timely fashion.  The school does not assume responsibility for lost or stolen articles.