Bus Services for Churchill Students
Regular CTS Bussing
The school is served by both regular transit service and specialized school routes. Regular transit routes that serve Sir Winston Churchill include Route 10, 22, 37, 43, 122, 137, and 143. These routes connect to Dalhousie and Brentwood LRT Stations, which join up with feeder routes for nearby communities. To go to the interactive website for Calgary Transit (to choose a route and find out exact dates and times), click here.
SWC Specific Bussing
Calgary Transit also provides student transportation through special 700 series routes directly to SWC, serving the communities of Edgemont, Hamptons, Hawkwood, and Sherwood. Click here to get access to all Calgary Transit Student Transportation Routes.
All buses are available for the return trip home and are located on Northland Drive in front of the school. Departure from Sir Winston Churchill High School is is 3:35 PM on Monday through Thursday, and 1:35 PM on Friday.
- Brebeuf and St. Francis students have their own busses.
- Any Calgary Transit customer can use any Calgary Transit bus regardless of where it is going. Example: Grandma can take the bus to Churchill.
- Students must still pay Calgary Transit fare or have a valid Calgary Transit bus pass.
Purchasing Bus Passes
Calgary Transit Youth bus passes will be sold through the following independent outlets:
Students living beyond 2.4 kilometers from the school will be eligible for a rebate as set by the Calgary Board of Education. The rebate will be deposited directly to a bank account.
To obtain the rebate the student must:
- Complete a Calgary Transit Bus Pass Rebate form which is submitted to the Calgary Board of Education through our business office.
- Turn in expired bus pass to the school business office during the first three school days of the next month.
More information can be found in person at our business office.