About Our School
Learn more by reading our launch pad below.
Our beautiful school opened its doors in 2013 and since that time, we have expanded every year. We are very proud of our Comet Culture and look forward to working with our talented students and staff as we continue to evolve. We appreciate all that our parents/community do to support our growth.
We also value those who teach us about effective practices in high schools –how both personalization and connections are critical for student success. We’re confident that our initial ideas and structures will continue to evolve as they reflect:
- Personalizing | Designing classroom activities and assessments based on what we know about our learners.
- Connecting | Getting to know our students as learners then helping them learn across subjects and within the community.
- Thriving| Highlighting multiple stories of student success.
Comets, we are confident that you will continue to contribute to and engage in our school. We challenge you to think about your role as a:
- Learner – Finding out how you learn and seeking opportunities for support and challenge so that you can meet the requirements of the programs of study and achieve your goals.
- Leader – Engaging in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Citizen – Demonstrating respect for yourself, others and our community.
We look forward to an exciting year two as we continue to build Robert Thirsk High School. Please stay connected through our Virtual Learning Commons or visit us at 8777 Nose Hill Drive NW to enjoy our city and mountain views as well.