How to Communicate
We know that students are most successful when we communicate and work together. We encourage you to email the person who is most directly responsible for the answer to your question. Because our work during the day is concentrated around our students, our goal is to get back to you within 48 hours on school days.
Please see the staff list at http://vlc.rths.ca/our- staff/staff-list/ for emails and links to staffs' learning management systems.
First Contact - Connect Teacher
- Your child’s staff advocate (Connect Teacher) is your first point of contact regarding any questions. Grade 11/12 Connect Teachers are often the same as the previous year; grade 10 Connect Teachers will be assigned prior to the October Conferences.
- Subject Teacher – This teacher can answer specific questions about course outcomes, assignments and assessments.
- Community Learning Leader – This leader can answer questions about community activities, philosophies, planning and assessments.
- Success Centre/Learning Commons Staff – These professionals can advise on learning assistance/enrichment, technology and career/community resources (including post secondary and scholarships). While our focus is on supporting academic success and well-being, our Success Centre staff can also help link to resources for personal, social, emotional or family issues.
- Learning Commons Learning Leader –LPSmith@cbe.ab.ca
- Success Centre Learning Leaders –email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach/Athletic Director – For questions about a specific team contact the teacher coach directly. The Athletic Director/PE learning leader can also be of assistance.
- School Resource Officer - These members of the Calgary City Police work with our school/community and assist with matters of safety/security and conduct. Contact them through the school main office.
- Business Office – For questions about fees contact our Business Manager, Deepa Madhaven - email@example.com
Third Contact – Administration
** Note that administration will ask staff/students involved (again the people closest to the work) to provide information or attend meetings regarding your questions.
Last revised January 29, 2018