(when these have been completed, then a student can begin the Work Experience course):
- mandatory one credit prerequisite course: "Workplace Safety Systems" (HCS3000)
- CBe-learn one credit prerequisite course: "Career Transitions Job Preparations" (CTR1010)
- in person meeting: Students must meet with the Work Experience coordinator.
- all required paperwork must be completed and submitted in advance of earning credits.
| although a maximum of 30 credits in Work Experience is available, only 15 of these credits can be counted toward the Alberta High School Diploma requirements.
work hours | one credit can be earned for every 25 hours of work, with a minimum of 3 credits earned (75 hours) to a maximum of 10 credits per level.
complete | work hours will not count for credit until CTR1010 & HCS3000 have been completed.
To qualify for and maintain standing in the Work Experience program at CBe-learn, students must:
- be 15 years of age or older when they register.
- have an appropriate job placement or be actively job searching.
- work between the hours of 7AM and 10PM.
- have credit in HCS3000 (Workplace Safety Systems).
- have credit in CTR1010 (Career Transitions Job Preparations).
- meet one-on-one with the Work Experience Co-ordinator.
- complete required paperwork to earn credits (weekly timesheets).
- be active and present in the online component of the course (posting to weekly discussion with teacher, completing Reflection Reports as required).