Senior High Library > Research/Inquiry > PowerPoint & Web Designs > PowerPoint Basics
> Adding Shapes & Text Boxes
- To a blank slide, you may want to add a text box or shape of your own
- To add a Text Box:
* Click on the [A] icon (in the lined white box) in the bottom tool bar.
This will give you a tool with which to draw your own text box
* Draw the box on the slide by clicking and dragging until you have the shape you want. If you don't like the shape, just Delete and start again!
- To add Auto Shapes
* Click on the small arrow beside Auto Shapes in the bottom tool bar. This will give you a variety of choices of shapes. Try Call Outs (these are like "thought bubbles" in cartoons)
* Click and Draw the Call Out bubble on your screen
* Now click on Text Box (see above) and create a Text Box within the bubble
* Type in the text you want to go in the bubble.
* Animate the bubble and the text in the same way that other text and pictures are animated (see V. and VI. )