roles and responsibilities
Parents are responsible for student learning
The parent is responsible for curricular choices while ensuring that the program is consistent with the student learning outcomes listed in the Alberta Regulation 145/2006 Home Education Regulation. Assessment is parent-directed according to the child’s needs.
Evaluation of the child’s progress is done a minimum of twice a year where a certificated teacher(facilitator) evaluates the student and reviews the student portfolio. Please see Learning Plan (page 5).
Facilitators are certified Alberta teachers employed by the Calgary Board of Education. Their responsibilities are:
- to facilitate student learning by providing assistance and advice to the parent
- to make recommendations to the parents on matters that will assist the student in attaining a higher level of achievement
- to advise the parents on the progress of the student, based on evaluations of the progress of the student and a review of the portfolio at the end of each school term
- to collaborate with parents on maintaining records of student progress for future reference
- to indicate the services and resources provided by the Calgary Board of Education that are available for use by the parent and student.
CBE homeschooling funding
All parents of students registered in the Home Schooling Program by September 30 will be eligible to receive supplemental funding, (Alberta Regulation 126/99) to augment their learning.
Parent Directed Funding
This funding is in addition to the many services available at CBE Homeschooling and will allow parents to access resources, services, facilities, and supplies not directly provided by CBe-learn.
Student must be registered by September 30th in order to be entitled to funding.
Parents are responsible for educational costs and may submit receipts between Nov 1 to May 1 for reimbursement for the current school year.