Homeschooling parents and students have many different kinds of and methods of support, including access to all the support, programs, and resources available through CBe-learn, the Calgary Board of Education's online school. Visit CBe-learn's support page for more details.
CBE Home Ed Learning Plan How-To Guide
- resource support
- facilitator/teacher support
- parent support
- student support
- Available for all teachers and students in Alberta
- Username & Password available from your facilitator or classroom teacher
- Resource Search, Online Reference Centre, T4T Courses, Authorized Resources
- Resource Search: 6547 different resources from K-12
- Kindergarten (476) / Grade 1 (530) / Grade 2 (564) / Grade 3 (612)
- Grade 4 (1266) / Grade 5 (1243) /Grade 6 (863)
- Grade 7 (1155) / Grade 8 (1279) / Grade 9 (1395)
- Grade 10 (1363) / Grade 11 (1455) / Grade 12 (1731)
- Online Reference Centre: Alberta-approved references and databases for student research
- T4T Courses : full online course content avalable for many courses K-12
- Authorized Resources : list of Alberta-approved resources for rent or purchase
- The Software Asset Management (SAM) system provides the CBE with an intuitive, self-serve, catalogue to quickly and easily find approved Web 2.0 tools, software titles for both Mac and PC platforms, as well as an avenue to submit new title requests.
- Currently only available for CBE employees. We are working on a way for parents to review and peruse selections.
- eLibrary is an online catalogue for all CBE school libraries (learning commons) with detailed information on books, DVDs and other resources that are available to borrow and online resources offered by Calgary Public Library and others. eLibrary is an online tool available to parents, students and staff.
- Staff and Students can log in have additional functionality if they log in to save lists, see what they have borrowed, and view any overdue materials.
- If you have suggestions for other resources that homeschooling families might want to persue, please click here to send an email to us.
- face-to-face assistance with facilitators
- minimum two facilitator visits as per Alberta Government Education Regulations
- access to facilitator for planned learning events
- learning plan workshops
- special classes, workshops and activities
- resources purchased with supplemental funding
- Brightspace (D2L) support
- learning commons
- students can create/send/receive electronic data in the form of text, audiovisual materials, graphics, multimedia clips, presentations, photos, visual art and video
- online Live Room assistance
- online learning strategies assistance
- CBe-learn junior high resources and program access
- school council | guidance and leadership
- informal mentorship program for new families
- coffee and conversation informal gatherings
- multi-activity room
- learning commons
- special events hosted at CBE designated facilities
- parent workshops and seminars
Homeschooling parents and students have access to all the support, programs, and resources available through CBe-learn, the Calgary Board of Education's online school. Visit CBe-learn's support page or contact CBe-learn Student Services for more information by calling 403-777-7971.
As a part of CBe-learn, Homeschooling parents and students have access to all the support, programs, and resources available through CBe-learn, including:
- online courses
- academic advising
- career counseling and planning
- options and support after high school
- community resources
- …and more!
Visit CBe-learn's support page or contact CBe-learn Student Services by calling 403-777-7971 for more information.